What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Took this outside our dining room window early December. The water is now frozen solid, and it's below zero C most days. I need to take a new photo, but have been tooooo busy lately.

Anyway, here is what it looked like early December:

PondInWinter.JPG

Never got over 20F today, very chilly with fog this morning. The hoar frost was just beautiful, but I didn't have my camera with me. The frost was so thick it had to be shoveled.

No white Christmas for us. That's okay with me.

Am sitting here listening to Christmas music. They just played The Little Drunner Boy. It brought back memories of my youngest daughter. It was her favorite song. The only thing was she had her own version and words. Instead of rump a bump bump, she sang rub a my bum. We never did correct her. We liked her version better. :chef:

Light dusting of snow and in the low 20's.

Need to finish my coffee and get moving!

To work to work in heavens name the poor young maiden did exclaim the wolf is at the door!!!!!!!

Hoarfrost occurs when it is very cold and foggy. The frost looks like snow coming down, but it is tiny ice crystals, doesn't look anything like snowflakes. The hoarfrost collects on every single branch on the thee, every needle on pine trees. It is strikingly beautiful with everything outlined in fluffy ice crystals layered anywhere from 1/2 to 2 inches thick.

Here is an example:

Attachments

• hoarfrost_big.jpg
    hoarfrost_big.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 222
"I'm dreaming of a WET Christmas, just like the ones we usually know"

Yes, it is pouring rain with no end in sight until next week. Secretly, I am very glad there is not snow, but the wet is kind of gloomy. :(

Hoarfrost occurs when it is very cold and foggy. The frost looks like snow coming down, but it is tiny ice crystals, doesn't look anything like snowflakes. The hoarfrost collects on every single branch on the thee, every needle on pine trees. It is strikingly beautiful with everything outlined in fluffy ice crystals layered anywhere from 1/2 to 2 inches thick.

Here is an example:

Parts of southern Saskatchewan get hoarfrost. It is incredibly beautiful. I remember travelling to my friend's Mom's house in Rock Glenn and seeing the hoarfrost on the sides of the road. Thanks for the memory, PF!

Here is an example:

Thanks Fi. That is beautiful. 40 years since I was able to see that in person. Winter always stuck me as 1% beautiful and 99% PITA. Love to look at it in photos though!

Parts of southern Saskatchewan get hoarfrost. It is incredibly beautiful. I remember travelling to my friend's Mom's house in Rock Glenn and seeing the hoarfrost on the sides of the road. Thanks for the memory, PF!

That's what it looked like yesterday and it stayed so cold it lasted most of the day until a breeze came up and knocked it all down. There are several trees outside the office window, I enjoyed it as long as possible.

Today has given us 30ºF. It is about time we started to get some winter weather. Now I have something to complain about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom