What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still snowing--but not freezing rain. And, the snow isn't "raining" down. The flakes were huge today, now they are "normal" sized. I shouldn't complain, we didn't have hardly any snow until now. And, as I've told the girls, the snow should be gone in 2-3 months and "their" grass will be back. I can hardly wait to see their reaction to spring grass, young nettles, etc.

Bright, beautiful, and a balmy 25° here along Ol' Man River. I think I'll do the indoor exercise machine.

43F right now. Was 50F earlier. We took a short bike ride (8 miles). It was a bit chilly-a little wind, but sunny.

It's 38F here this morning. There's frost on the grass out front. Nothing got covered up last night, so I wonder about the damage on the tender things.

Timothy, I believe I promised to send you some nice, warm south Florida temperatures in January. Sorry - I'm fresh out.

After a spectacularly mild early winter, real winter really hit. I was thinking of going to my Zumba class yesterday morning, and realized that walking wasn't really a great option (it was two degrees out and I have to climb down a steep hill to get there ... but then climb back up it), and didn't feel like driving on ice. so skipped it. It seems a bit disconcerting that on Weds hubby and I were running our Dubuque (nearest town of any size) errands without coats, and 24 hours later were in 6" of snow and had our arctic gear out.

52F right now with a low last night in the upper 30's. Humidity only 68% and a 6 mph wind from the west.

High today expected to reach the upper 60's.

Another Yo-Yo temp, typical winter day in St. Augustine!

We have a saying here:

"If you don't like our weather, stick around, it'll change."

When I got up this morning, the temp was 7ºF. It is now 6ºF.

That killed any ideas I had of going out on my scooter. I am having a problem getting my apartment warm. And I have the heat on full blast. Thank heaven I don't pay for heat. I have a window that is two stories high. And the cold that comes off that window is unbelievable. There is a blind over the glass, but it doesn't help much with blocking the cold. I have to put a curtain up. But I am waiting for my son to go and get me an extension rod. Can't put screws in the walls. Hopefully he will do it today. :chef:

When I got up this morning, the temp was 7ºF. It is now 6ºF.

That killed any ideas I had of going out on my scooter. I am having a problem getting my apartment warm. And I have the heat on full blast. Thank heaven I don't pay for heat. I have a window that is two stories high. And the cold that comes off that window is unbelievable. There is a blind over the glass, but it doesn't help much with blocking the cold. I have to put a curtain up. But I am waiting for my son to go and get me an extension rod. Can't put screws in the walls. Hopefully he will do it today. :chef:

If there is any way to add an insulating air gap to your window like putting some heavy plastic over the inside of it with tape, that would help a lot with the cold that is coming from it, Addie. A curtain will work some, but not anywhere as well as plastic would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom