What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
taxlady said:
I hear ya. One of the best things about living in a condo is the underground garage. I know, you can have a garage with a house, but lots of folks fill them up with junk. Even if we had a tendency to do such a thing, it's a communal garage and storage of anything in the garage, other than ones car, is not only against the rules, it's against our city's by-laws.

City bylaws tell you what you can put in your garage???

It's a twenty or so car garage. When people start storing stuff in those garages some folks start storing gasoline and other inflammable stuff and it becomes a fire hazard. If the garage catches fire, I'm going to have smoke coming in my basement.

My next door neighbour would probably store crap in the garage if he could. Now, the condo association can tell folks and then just remove stuff if they don't remove it themselves.

It's still balmy. I haven't had to close the windows for more than a few minutes on mornings. If this is Global Warming, then maybe it's not so bad.

It's 48F this morning, heading toward the 70's this afternoon. The TV weatherman yesterday noted that on Jan. 19, 1977 there was light snow in south Florida, from Tampa on down. :ohmy:

Condo associations govern the use of their property via rules and regulations set by the Board of Trustees. These rules cover safety, appearance of the property and quiet enjoyment of your home.

Right now we have a couple of inches of snow that fell while I was sleeping. The perfect excuse for cancelling my appointment. And the temp is a balmy 28ºF. Looking forward to tomorrow's game. GO PATS!!!

28°F, still and quiet out...the snow bested 2 feet. There is at least another 6 inches of snow on the car. Haven't seen how the roads are , yet. Hopefully the plows worked all night.

There was about another inch of snow overnight so we have an accumulation of about 3 inches. We are also supposed to have freezing rain this morning (hasn't started) and then rain. However, it is still below zero so I am not getting my hopes up on the rain.

DH just called to say he is on his way home - they have put the assistance buses on essential only and they only keep so many drivers around per day. I am happy as I have to go see Dad today and can not drive in this.

28°F, still and quiet out...the snow bested 2 feet. There is at least another 6 inches of snow on the car. Haven't seen how the roads are , yet. Hopefully the plows worked all night.

OK, I LOVE the still and quiet part of the big snow. I'm NOT fond of the bitter cold part though.

It's -26ºC here (-15F) and kind of grey out there. I have errands to run, one kid on days off (exam week) and one who has an exam and is feeling pretty yucky. Hope she's OK to write.

I love living in Snow-Free Florida. After living in places like Gabbs, Nevada, elevation 6500 feet, where snow was serious business, and the upper Northeast of the USA.

I don't miss snow, never liked it and love living free of it.

It does get pretty cold here for what we call "Cold-snaps", usually a few times each winter. Our coldest is about 20F most years. The heat and humidity are what most who live here complain about. And the blasted mosquitoes.

Today, its a common winter day here; 72F, 9mph wind from the south and a humidity of 97%.

Our weather seems to have gone insane. It was up to -4C at midnight and now it's back down: -16C (3F) and feels like -27C (-17F). It is sunny and very bright.

taxlady, the sunny and bright part is so deceptive isn't it? You look out and see the sun and think it should be warm, but instead its colder than ever when its clear out there.

6°, and freezing sleet. We decided to not go out for dinner tonight after making it home safely from work.

Last edited:
bakechef said:
Today 55, tomorrow 70, Sunday 39, Monday 70. What a weather roller coaster!

Yup. This is the kind of weather we have here in Colorado. The thing is, this is normal for u's.

Warmed up enough to start melting things, now it's freezing back up again, you need a kidney belt to drive down the street. It was very nice out, a little bright...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom