What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're around 100° again, and our little subdivision pool is chock full of rugrats and their friends. They are showing no signs of leaving. :(

102 degrees in the shade according to the thermometer. I'm just glad there is NO humidity!!!! More of the same predicted for the weekend.

We got back from our walk just in time, it's RAINING!!! Yes!!! Love the sound of thunder!!!

I would too, 'cept for the nearby and frequent lightening! I sure hope it lasts.

Last edited:
I would too, 'cept for the nearby and frequent lightening! I sure hope it lasts.

I love a good loud cracking, jump out of your skin thunder storm.

This morning it was so overcast and pouring rain. The temps were in the 60's and stayed there most of the day. As night time approached, the thermometer started to climb. So now it is in the mid 80's. We are expecting a hot weekend in the 90's. Our fireworks are shot from barges on the Charles River. They never get cancelled.

I doubt I will be watching the Boston Pops on TV. The last time I went in town to see them was when Son #3 was about five y.o. He is now 40. The temps were in the high 90's and we were sitting in the sun for the whole day. I usually watch them on TV, but I am going to skip them this year. I think I have had my fill of the Overture of 1812. BTW, did you know that, that piece of music is not about our war of 1812, but that of Russia's. As Andy can attest, this is the craziest weekend in Boston for the year. Tourists plan their vacations around this week and workers in Boston also. This year they get a bonus. The Tall Ships as well as the concert. I feel sorry for the folks who man the sites on the Freedom Trail. I am going to my daughter's tomorrow after I run a couple of errands. I plan on sitting on the lounge and working on my embroidery. A nice cold glass of iced water at my side. Her patio is in the shade most of the day.

Happy Weekend every one. And here's hoping and praying EVERYONE gets a deluge of rain for at least three hours. :ermm:

Last edited:
We're around 100° again, and our little subdivision pool is chock full of rugrats and their friends. They are showing no signs of leaving. :(

I know what you mean. I was in the back yard today doing yard work, while hearing my next door neighbors splashing and frolicking in their swimming pool. It was pretty much killing me. :( lol

this is only the beginning of a major heat wave and i am reminded that brown-outs occur when it's so hot and everyone has their a/c running--my electricity is fading out every few minutes, knocking out my lights and computer momentarily....

Awright! Power went out for a few seconds, thundering and lightening like crazy, and pouring! Wish I could share!

In spite of the celebrations and holiday coming up, everyone has the weather on their mind. RAIN, RAIN, RAIN. It is desperately needed just about everywhere except for the east coast. I think it is time for a circle of prayer between all of us. And tonight sounds like a good place to start.

I don't care about the brown lawns, and other esthetic problems the lack of rain is causing. What I care about is now lives are being lost due to the fires in Colorado. Homes can be rebuilt. Memories can be kept in ones heart. But how do you replace a life. :angel:

Riight now Kylie, there are a lot of members here that are envious of your winter weather. They would welcome some cooler temps with a lot of rain. :ohmy:

I know Addie...I so wish you guys were having some lovely cool weather and some rain

It is like when it is Summer here..it really is extremely hot, it is awful :(

This is why I am at my happiest in Winter :)

We hit 107 here yesterday, and it is predicted to hit 107 again today, which means that it might jump a bit higher.

We went to a friend's house last night for dinner and the house never cooled below 82! It was kind of uncomfortable. It's a freestanding house and I guess that it was still cooling 20 degrees cooler than outside, so it was doing its job. The house has 2 central A/C units. Luckily we live in a townhouse, and it is very easy to heat and cool, we maintained 72 inside all day yesterday, and our system cycled on and off, most people's A/C will run constantly for days to try to keep up.

At 8 a.m. it was already 85F. Humidity is waaaaaay up now and we're bracing for another scorcher.

My brother is considering using his pool to cook pasta the water is so warm. Not even refreshing any more. His landscape timbers are beginning to twist from being so dry.

The local NBC station crew baked cookies on the dashboard of one of their cars yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom