What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have now had 3 days of summer weather! Time to take extra blankets off the bed and pull out the fans.....um it's July 6th, right? :LOL:

100-105 F here in NW IL. For almost a week now. Very, very rare, and very very uncomfortable. Just two small a/c units, one upstairs in bedroom, one downstairs. I turn the downstairs one on when I get up (early), then husband turns the bedroom one on (upstairs) after supper to make it reasonable comfortable to sleep. It is just miserable, as nothing and no one is used to this kind of heat. Heck, we've had summers where it barely reached the low 80s and we never put in the a/c units. Even restaurants and other public places are having a hard time keeping up, and now places in the country who rely on propane tanks are in danger of explosions. The area just isn't prepared for this amount of heat for this long. Weather-wise, the past 12 mos have been very strange, not just in the US but world-wide.

Yick again. Another 100°+. And I thought global warming was a myth....

It's hot! My mom is visiting from Maine, I'm afraid if I let her stay outside too long that she might melt, Mainers aren't built for this kind of weather! Every day that she has been here, it has hit 100, her last day here, it looks like it will be in the 80s, even that is considered a scorcher for a Mainer!

Yuck again. Another 100°+. And I thought global warming was a myth....

I am afraid not. Take a look at what is happening in Greenland and the Antarctica.

I don't know if others along the coast have noticed, but our high tides come in higher and farther in this year. A lot of homes along the coast on Cape Cod are in danger of going into the ocean. The land they are built on has been eroded due to storms coming in further. :(

it hit 109 today when we were out shopping...it is still 101 but thankfully there is no humidity

105F today. It's almost a waste of time to post here. Still way up in the 100s here...again. Even the nights stay in the upper 80s, so we don't even begin the day with much of a cool down.

But, wonder of wonders, we had one tenth of an inch of rain a few minutes ago. Kind of a mouse fart in a hurricane because we're more than 13 inches behind in rainfall this year.

It's just breaking my heart to see the state the farmers' fields are in and how low our 2-acre pond is getting. If this keeps up, it'll be little more than a wading pool. However, Glenn said a little while ago that he hasn't seen any dead fish yet. That's good. It could still happen.

It was 97 today, humidity was 68% then we had a huge monster thunderstorm roll through with high winds. Knocked down trees all over our little town. We were without power for 5 hours ... we are the lucky ones as many are still without power. Looking forward to next week when it will be cooler, less humid and dryer .. I don't care for these thunderstorms here .. they are fierce.

94°F today...miserable hot for me. It's supposed to be hotter tomorrow. The Missoula Marathon is tomorrow, I'm glad I was otherwise occupied when it was time to sign up or I'd be crying.

I'd be able to believe more in global warming if during the decade I've lived here if it wasn't for the fact that we've had easily more record lows than this year's record high.

But it HAS been incredibly miserable. Most of us do not have central a/c. It's supposed to cool somewhat tonight and tomorrow, and we actually sat outside for awhile tonight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom