What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pretty, so pretty, isn't it....i love the 'hush' that comes with a soft blanket of snow like this one, too.:)

Absolutely .. it's been so quiet all day. Even those little twirps with the loud cars and boom boxes are quieter LOL

It is still snowing but not quite so hard and we have about 8" now.

8F now at 9 pm in SE S.D. We only have, maybe, 2" of snow on the ground here, nothing like where we came from over the holiday. They all had 10-12" piled everywhere in SW Mn.

Our day started out in the low 30's. It is now 39ºF. The western half of the state is expecting snow, we will get high wiinds and rain. This is one time I am glad we have an easterly wind coming in from the water. the wter temp is in the mid 40's. :angel:

It's snowing! We're due for 3"-6" in our area. Closer to Boston, it'll be rain.

I heard the plows and equipment driving around our condo complex all night and feared the worst.

I woke up to see the grass still poking up through the little but of snow. The storm switched over to rain earlier than expected. We have a good bit of slush and it's still raining.

Snow, lot's of snow and -4 C (25 F) and feels like -11 C (12 F) and there is enough wind that the snow is blowing around.

At 14h30 I took this pic of my path to the sidewalk:
IMG_0261.JPG

I took this one at 15h50:

IMG_0263.JPG

The trail is nearly obliterated by new snow.

I heard the plows and equipment driving around our condo complex all night and feared the worst.

I woke up to see the grass still poking up through the little but of snow. The storm switched over to rain earlier than expected. We have a good bit of slush and it's still raining.

Andy I live a block from the Atlantic. So here in Eastie, we just don't get the storms that the rest of Boston gets. We have water on three sides of us. Unless it is a NOR'EASTER! Then we get the full force. If the airport gets snowed in, then you know we got it even worse. All we have gotten is some rain. Not even enough to measure. :angel:

taxy, your snow pictures bring powerful images and memories to me of the early years i spent living in upstate new york.:)

the snow is so pure, so pretty. for a brief while it is, anyway... at times i felt like i was living in the confines of a ski resort, with a very active snow machine, constantly working to bury the browns of the earth and the grays of the paved streets and sidewalks, where life moved ahead, determined to continue its human course, a pace or two slower against the onslaught of high winds and drifting, blowing snows.
in the snow belt regions of new york's upstate, we would sometimes skip the summer season altogether. the sun rarely shone, the winds often blew harshly raw, and felt bruising, somehow uncivilized. when i complained, i was reminded that we lived in a place that was located in a subarctic lattitude, after all. my parents were reminded of their northern european childhood home in this climate, but to me it was simply brutally inhospitable.
as a youngster, i half prayed-half vowed to move far far away from n.y. as soon as i was grown. as an adult, in my middle twenties, i made good on that promise to myself, convincing my young husband at the time, to make the move to maryland, and start a new life in a softer, more gentle setting.
today, i look at pictures of snow- covered trees, houses, fences and town squares, with a longing that belongs to my youth. footsteps of long ago, disappeared under the new fallen snows....

Last edited:
It started snowing this morning at 8 am. It's 6:30 pm now & it's still snowing. They cannot seem to stay ahead of getting the streets scraped. It has snowed 4" thus far not sure how much we will end up with in SE S.D.

Vit, five times I have moved away from Boston. And five times I hae returned. Even from Hawaii. Who doesn't want to live in Hawaii? Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it.

I hate the snow after about a week. But I miss it when I don't live here.

That was a beautiful piece your wrote. :angel:

thank you, addie.

who would ever want to leave boston? okay, i know who. but addie, Why?

Following my husband's work. He was a commercial fisherman and we moved to Texas for the shrimping. The last time I came back to Boston, I made it clear that I would never move again. I wanted to settle down and make a proper home for my kids. :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom