What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just went downstairs to check my mail. I looked out the door and there is a light covering of snow on the benches. Our first snowfall. It is 32ºF outside right now.

As I am sitting here I think I heard a car crash. On the street where I live, as you come down the hill, you have to make a very sharp left turn. If you miss it, then you crash into the barrier. The street is wet and frozen with black ice. This is not the first car to miss that turn. We have about three or four crashes a year. They are mostly kids who speed down the hill. Am I going out there to see what happened? Absolutely not. Not at this hour of the night. The house across the street has their lights still on. I am sure they will make the call for the police. I know it is not very neighborly of me, but at my age, I do not put myself in possible harms way. The majority of folks who come down that hill are not our most upstanding citizens. They are young folks who are gang members.

There is a police officer in our community that works with the elderly. One time he told us that it is best we not get involved with them. I am following his advice. :angel:

Wow, that sure is heaps of snow, thanks for the photos :)

Snow, lot's of snow and -4 C (25 F) and feels like -11 C (12 F) and there is enough wind that the snow is blowing around.

At 14h30 I took this pic of my path to the sidewalk:
IMG_0261.JPG

I took this one at 15h50:

IMG_0263.JPG

The trail is nearly obliterated by new snow.

Kylie, I would say that is an average snowfall for where taxlady lives. Our next storm is coming from Montreal. We call it the Montreal Express. It is so neighborly of them to share it with us. Thank you taxlady. You Canadians are so generous with your winter weather. :angel:

Following my husband's work. He was a commercial fisherman and we moved to Texas for the shrimping. The last time I came back to Boston, I made it clear that I would never move again. I wanted to settle down and make a proper home for my kids. :angel:

mission accomplished, addie--and superbly, too!! this is easily seen by anyone who has known you for five minutes.:)

Yesterday we got hit with lots of snow--the light, fluffy kind--about 12 inches. Thankfully, my neighbour was in the Christmas spirit and brought his bobcat down and cleared my driveway and two of the neighbours' driveways. Today it is bright and sunny--looks like winter wonderland out there.

We got a dusting of snow last night. Nighttime weather has been in the single digits. Burrrr... Almost 9:00 and up to 18 degrees. :ohmy:

Kylie, I would say that is an average snowfall for where taxlady lives. Our next storm is coming from Montreal. We call it the Montreal Express. It is so neighborly of them to share it with us. Thank you taxlady. You Canadians are so generous with your winter weather. :angel:
Hey, that storm came up from Tennessee. ;)

That snow was on bare pavement. It does get deeper, but that was the most snow we have EVER had in 24 hours. It was at least 45 cm (1/2 a yard).

There were loads of accidents and stuck cars, but luckily, no fatalities. When the previous record was set in 1971, 17 people died.

People were pushing busses that had gotten stuck!

ErmV8.jpg

At least two of our articulated busses broke!

A_Jw6Z_CYAEi5jl.jpg:large

Hey, that storm came up from Tennessee. ;)

That snow was on bare pavement. It does get deeper, but that was the most snow we have EVER had in 24 hours. It was at least 45 cm (1/2 a yard).

There were loads of accidents and stuck cars, but luckily, no fatalities. When the previous record was set in 1971, 17 people died.

People were pushing busses that had gotten stuck!

ErmV8.jpg

At least two of our articulated busses broke!

A_Jw6Z_CYAEi5jl.jpg:large
You got hit harder than we did. I was so happy to see my neighbour on his bobcat (it has a front-end bucket). I was so not looking forward to shoveling. I had shoveled the end of the driveway where the snowplow piles up the snow, but hadn't made much progress on the 150+ ft driveway to the house. I'm getting too old to do that kind of shoveling too many times in one winter.

You got hit harder than we did. I was so happy to see my neighbour on his bobcat (it has a front-end bucket). I was so not looking forward to shoveling. I had shoveled the end of the driveway where the snowplow piles up the snow, but hadn't made much progress on the 150+ ft driveway to the house. I'm getting too old to do that kind of shoveling too many times in one winter.
Yeah, it was pretty impressive here. My MIL said that her snow removal company had been by and plowed her driveway twice, but she couldn't tell by looking. She lives in Cornwall.

That walk to the dep, a short block away, was a major expedition. I had to walk in the street. On the deep parts, I had to take little bitty steps because it was impossible to tell where the snow was deeper. On the way back I had the snow blowing in the face issue. I eventually had to take off my glasses to be able to see.

At least the snow removal company has been by today. They usually clear all of the concrete. Today they just cleared paths and shovelled the snow off my front step.

We ended up with 5" of the fluffy white stuff yesterday. High of 18F today. On the way home around 5 pm it was 3F. Cold night, no snow today.

To cold for me... High of 43... No good... Need to win the lotto and move back to florida

Yesterday we got hit with lots of snow--the light, fluffy kind--about 12 inches. Thankfully, my neighbour was in the Christmas spirit and brought his bobcat down and cleared my driveway and two of the neighbours' driveways. Today it is bright and sunny--looks like winter wonderland out there.
There were loads of stories in Montreal of people helping out other people with the problems caused by the snow. Kinda nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom