What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was already snowing and I didn't get out there soon enough. I'm staying in the house. We should have enough milk until tomorrow or Sunday. Wine might run out, but there's hard likker.
I have eggs up the ying yang. A friend was supposed to come get eggs (8 dozen in the a.m.). Unless he plans on snowshoeing over, I don't see how he's going to get here in the a.m.

I have eggs up the ying yang. A friend was supposed to come get eggs (8 dozen in the a.m.). Unless he plans on snowshoeing over, I don't see how he's going to get here in the a.m.

Poo went to several chicken farms in his area. Not one had a single egg to sell. The chickens in these here parts don't lay in the winter. Not unless you keep them inside 24/7 with a light on. :angel:

Almost all of the snow is gone here in SE S.D. Sounds like we will be right on the edge of this big snowstorm all around us. They are talking chance of rain mostly. There is a chance of snow, depends on the direction this thing takes. Alot of family, some in minneapolis & the others in northern Minnesota, are predicting 16-18" of snow.

Last edited:
We have 29°F here along the river. Tomorrow should be around 40°. Road trip to Costco!

Costco for me tomorrow,too...just ran out of one of my meds. It's 35°F, cloudy with a wee breeze...where is my winter????????

that must be uncomfortable.

don't sneeze, or you'll be making omelettes...
;)
Ha-Ha! Henny is in a dog crate in the basement. I brought her upstairs to watch TV last night with me...I fell asleep. She didn't seem to mind sleeping wrapped up in a towel next to me. My hens must be happy hens--they lay eggs even if I forget to turn a light on for them.

In the town my youngest son lives, so far they have 29" of snow. And it is still coming down heavy. We are waiting for the 10 o'clock high tide.

The wind gust have been recorded of 76 mph. That is hurricane winds. I found myself rocking. I haven't done that since I had my breakdown when my third child was born and I went into a depression. This storm is really BAD! And it is making me very nervous. I usually take events like this in stride. So I don't know why I am feeling this way. I have stopped watching the TV channels that are showing the storm and talking about it. I think I will try to take a nap.

I am safe. Just waiting for the brunt of the storm. :angel:

No snow here either! :censored:

There is a chance this weekend. Keeping my fingers crossed! ;)

Same here .. no snow. It stayed cold all day but the sun was out. Even at 22F what snow we did have melted.

I want it back !!

Beautiful day. High-mid teens(F) , this evening. Under 24" snow. Only had to shovel out the berm created by the damn highway dept snow plow. Just ran the 4wd back and forth a few times to pack down & clear a path to the road.
My biggest concern is the damn salt dumped by the highway department that promotes corrosion of the undercarriage of my vehicle.

Last edited:
So glad you were able to smoosh the snow down, JPB.

Currently 30°F here along the river, with no further excitement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom