What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We were awakened at 4 AM this morn by extreme thunder, lightening, hail, and nonstop rain, and it won't quit. Beagle HATES getting wet. A balmy 41° F. And oh goody, we get a repeat tomorrow.

Last edited:
:wacko: If you folks use the metric system, then how come you sell your beer by the pint? I am confused. But then it is not hard for me to be that. :angel:
Where did you get the idea that beer is sold by the pint in Canada? Most beer bottles hold 341 ml, which is 12 Imperial ounces. An Imperial pint is 20 Imperial ounces (~568 ml). A US pint is about 473 ml, 16 US ounces. You can often get an Imperial pint of draft beer in a bar or pub.

It's all sold in ml. Some stuff, like soft drinks has standardized to US sizes, but that actually happened since metrication. It says the volume in ml, but the size matches up to a US size, e.g., 355 ml soft drink can, which equals 12 US oz.

The US is our biggest trading partner...

Where did you get the idea that beer is sold by the pint in Canada? Most beer bottles hold 341 ml, which is 12 Imperial ounces. An Imperial pint is 20 Imperial ounces (~568 ml). A US pint is about 473 ml, 16 US ounces. You can often get an Imperial pint of draft beer in a bar or pub.

It's all sold in ml. Some stuff, like soft drinks has standardized to US sizes, but that actually happened since metrication. It says the volume in ml, but the size matches up to a US size, e.g., 355 ml soft drink can, which equals 12 US oz.

The US is our biggest trading partner...

I was watching a BBC import and the line was ....a pint of beer with my mates. :angel:

I was watching a BBC import and the line was ....a pint of beer with my mates. :angel:
Ah, I see. They would still call it a pint even if it was only close in metric. The Brits still use miles per hour, I think. We don't.

It is kinda funny. I buy food by the kilograms and weigh myself in pounds. I measure most stuff in metres and centimetres, but I measure myself in feet and inches.

18 degrees right now. Snowing and blowing. Blizzard watch. Snow is common in April here, but it isn't usually this cold. Burrrrrrrrr. :ermm:

Ah, I see. They would still call it a pint even if it was only close in metric. The Brits still use miles per hour, I think. We don't.

It is kinda funny. I buy food by the kilograms and weigh myself in pounds. I measure most stuff in metres and centimetres, but I measure myself in feet and inches.

Spike and I watch a number of BBC imports. We are always learning new words. What my son forgets is that those words are the ones his father used. All my kids wore nappys. It took me a few months of being married to him to learn to really hear what he was saying. He was born and raised in the Lakes District right near the border with Scotland. So he also had a few Scottish ones that he would throw in there. I swear he used to do it just to confuse me. He had a Scottish accent more than an English one. The friends of my kids loved to come in and hear him talk. I have forgotten so many of his words for different items. :wacko: Of course my favorite thing to yell at him was, "Speak English please!" My youngest daughter was just learning to talk when her father was injured at work. He stayed home and I went to work. So she learned to talk from him. With a Scottish brogue. She could roll her R's with the best of them. :angel:

We were awakened at 4 AM this morn by extreme thunder, lightening, hail, and nonstop rain, and it won't quit. Beagle HATES getting wet. A balmy 41° F. And oh goody, we get a repeat tomorrow.

It could be 24°F like it is here and be snow...they keep telling us we will get snow or rain, but it keeps missing us. I guess winter, minus the snow finally found us and the wind has been horrendous. Had a dust devil outside the windows at work yesterday.

Lots of flooding around here, thankfuly our basement is OK so far. We got up to 61°F , and the rain continued. 37° now. Snow tomorrow. Oh joy oh rapture.

Icky. A cold, very windy, sometimes rainy 41°F, and this is late April??!? It even tried to snow. Drove around a bit, saw lots of carpet being pulled from homes, and the road along the river is closed due to flooding.

Last edited:
That's what it is here, too, Dawg, (did I see someone call you Dawn?).
The temps must have fallen 25 degrees today. This morning I was out in a T shirt, by noon I had grabbed a sweatshirt and by three my Fall jacket. Hard to believe it was 80 yesterday. And the wind darn near folded up my golf umbrella!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom