What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a downpour this morning. It has stopped for a while, but more coming. Raw, chilly.

I understand HVAC and how it works. But I wish someone could find a way to have both heat and AC without having to switch over. Separate systems are just too expensive. And I know that. My basic training in office work was as an engineering secretary. So I do understand. :angel:

Kind of like car makers have been doing for decades.

88°F, and partly cloudy. Took the floaty thingy and Kindle to the pool. Three different families brought kids, thankfully they were spaced apart and not in the water all at once. One family would leave, and another would replace it. Not sure why all the kids needed to congregate around me and the floaty thingy, given that there was a whole pool.

Sat by our pool for a time today it's in the upper 80's food around the fish pond putting in plants will look so nice when I finish.;)
kades

Sat by our pool for a time today it's in the upper 80's food around the fish pond putting in plants will look so nice when I finish.;)
kades

Sounds nice. A pond would be fun. It's warm and windy here. I was just thinking that it would be nice to get a bird bath. May have to do that some time.

High of 86F today, sunny & hot. Around 6 pm it's become very overcast & humid. Looks like something is trying to move in out there.

...food around the fish pond putting in plants will look so nice when I finish.;)
kades

Sounds nice. A pond would be fun...

Himself and our daughter dug a small water lily pond in our last home. As they dug the dirt out they piled it up so that I could use that as a base for the waterfall. Looked nice plus our darling daughter was the one who would clean it out each year!

I actually got to see sun today! :) Then I blinked and it was gone. Right now it's only 56 and my nose is cold! Rain on and off till the weekend. I'm growing gills. :(

88°F, and partly cloudy. Took the floaty thingy and Kindle to the pool. Three different families brought kids, thankfully they were spaced apart and not in the water all at once. One family would leave, and another would replace it. Not sure why all the kids needed to congregate around me and the floaty thingy, given that there was a whole pool.

:LOL:It is your magnetic personality. It just draws folks and all those buggy things to you. :angel:

It is 66ºF. Windy as heck and a heavy cloud covering. The sun is doing its dangest to shine, but the clouds seem to be winning. :angel:

Not sure why all the kids needed to congregate around me and the floaty thingy, given that there was a whole pool.

Just like cats---- who will invariably jump on the lap of the one and only person in the room who hates cats! LOL

Just like cats---- who will invariably jump on the lap of the one and only person in the room who hates cats! LOL

:LOL: I'm in the kid business. They do need to be taught about personal space.

It's a melting 93°F right now, cloudy, and we're under another tornado watch

Speaking of weather------ is anyone here in the path of the 'derecho' that's being predicted for some of the Midwest?

(Posted by my computer in comfortable PNW)

Not I cave, but I hope those people don't have to go through another round of damaging weather. At this moment in weather time it is perfect: sun and clouds dancing with each other in a cerulean blue sky, gentle breeze wafting through the bright green trees laden with delightfully chirping birds, low 70s with undetectable humidity. But that's all we get for the week, one day. Rained yesterday, will rain tomorrow. Oh well, at least we had ONE day to paint the Ark! :)

Sounds nice. A pond would be fun. It's warm and windy here. I was just thinking that it would be nice to get a bird bath. May have to do that some time.

A couple of tips for that bird bath. Place it near trees. Birds need to have a place of security to flee to in case of cats and other predators. Change the water often. And don't place it near where humans will be sitting. They will never use it if you do. In the winter, it will freeze over. Break the ice as least once a day so they can get to the water for drinking. Preferably in the morning. They like to bathe in the morning sun. Even in th winter. Good luck. Bird baths are fun to watch. We should put one out at the Coffee Klatch House.

I was fortunate enough to have 27 trees surrounding the house I lived in in Texas. All the birds that went South for the winter found my yard. So I put up a couple of bird baths. I had a big picture window and could sit for hours watching them. Lots of fun and I got to see birds that I had never seen before. I noticed that only the small birds would use just one of the baths. And the big ones the other. :angel:

Speaking of weather------ is anyone here in the path of the 'derecho' that's being predicted for some of the Midwest?

(Posted by my computer in comfortable PNW)

They keep telling us we are. I would say by the amount of food hoarding that happened with the birds and squirrels and chipmunk today that we will get something substantial. Right now it's just tornado watch for another hour. Then tomorrow massive rain .. but these weather guys keep changing it so who knows ... look out the window and what you see is what you get !

I would say by the amount of food hoarding that happened with the birds and squirrels and chipmunk today that we will get something substantial. !

That's great that you notice what the critters are doing as a predictor of what the weather might do. I no longer live on a large, very remote ranch so I've lost that 'touch'.

A bit off topic but pertinent to what you said--- my favorite quote:

"We need another and a wiser and perhaps a more mystical concept of animals. In a world older and more complete than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear.

They are not brethren, they are not underlings; they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendour and travail of the earth.”
― Henry Beston

Keep watching those critters.

High of 65F today. The sun was out briefly this afternoon. Now it's overcast & has cooled down alot, looks like rain.

We had a couple of close calls with tornadoes last night. I usually put on a nightgown and kick up long about 8 or 9. As it is, our alarms went off so I actually got up when I'd normally change for bed, and put on jeans, t-shirt, shoes, socks and at one point actually took shelter in the cellar. At one time hubby and I looked at each other and said, what is that sound? Yes, tornadoes do sound like a train. Luckily the ones that came close enough to set of the civil defense alarms went well south of us, but we actually did hear one of them.

Speaking of critters, there seem to be more insects in the house than usual, and last night a bat. Taking shelter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom