What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently 25C (77F), which feels like 34C (93F). They have a "sever thunder storm watch". We could definitely use that. It just rained really hard for about 2 minutes and stopped.

A beautiful, sunny 67° F, windows open. It's supposed to get into the mid 80's today.

Not as cold tonight as it has been, but still cold enough to rug up

Kylie I just love some of your expressions. Where you 'rug up' we 'hunker down'. I think I am learning a whole new language and having fun while doing so. Thanks for the education. :angel:

Thanks Ads :)

Yes, rug up is a popular one over here....I like your hunker down too :)

Then when it is really windy, rainy and full on, we say we must batten down the hatches, do you guys say that too?

It's been a wonderful few days in Britain and today we had another gorgeous sunny day. High 20s with blue skies. (Makes a lovely change from the usual British weather!)

It sounds great Katy :)

I know it can actually get quick warm over there

I went over in 2004, at the end of Winter but one day we went to Bridlington and it was so sunny and warm, it was only about 20c but felt very warm

It sounds great Katy :)

I know it can actually get quick warm over there

I went over in 2004, at the end of Winter but one day we went to Bridlington and it was so sunny and warm, it was only about 20c but felt very warm

Our weather is a great subject for discussion in Britain! :LOL: It certainly never stays the same for very long!

So you have been here Kylie? I have never been to Australia. (I am ashamed to say the wealth of deadly/poisonous beasties puts me right off!) But my mum went over for a month and had the absolute best time of her life! It was her dream holiday! :wub:

OMG Chopper. I'm glad you didn't get caught in that.

I am also glad Chopper didn't get caught in that. Apologies for over-exuberance on my first day. (A warm welcome has that effect.):blush:

I'm off to bed as it is late in the UK.

Hoping for a warm front in the morning.... (or at least not a cold chill).

Goodnight all

Katy x

No rain today. We still need it here on the plains, but the mountains can dry out a little between storms I guess. It is funny, we always think about the weather when hiking, but now even when driving we need to really think about the weather. If we go up Ute Pass for something and the afternoon rain starts, that same thing could happen again! And here I am rejoicing about the rain...things are green. That is nice, and the danger of fire in this area is not nearly as high as it has been.

Nice evening here. 71 degrees. We just came inside from sitting on the deck after a nice walk with the dogs.

Finally, we're getting a bit of a cool front move through. I have the slider open in the sunroom right now but it's a wee damp. We'll shut the AC off in the morning and open ALL the windows and let the outside in. This should last a whole...two days. Getting warm again on Sunday. By Monday morning we'll be buttoning up the house again and defying the next heat wave - 90s for most of next week. Ugh!

....I like your hunker down too :)

Then when it is really windy, rainy and full on, we say we must batten down the hatches, do you guys say that too?

Yup, we batten down the hatches. Since nor'easter storms are frequent here you get really good at fastening down anything that isn't already attached!

Hunker down is a very old expression here, meaning to squat-sit on your heels. Farmers probably did it when talking to a neighbor farmer about crops sprouting up. At least that was the reason my neighbor behind me gave when he would make me hunker down to talk to him about his garden! :LOL:

Our weather is a great subject for discussion in Britain! :LOL: It certainly never stays the same for very long!

So you have been here Kylie? I have never been to Australia. (I am ashamed to say the wealth of deadly/poisonous beasties puts me right off!) But my mum went over for a month and had the absolute best time of her life! It was her dream holiday! :wub:

The deadly and poisonous things aren't as bad as they sound

I have got through 44 years living here and I am still alive and kicking, never been bitten by a red back spider or stung by a jellyfish or been eaten by a shark or poisoned by a snake or attacked by a dropbear :LOL:

I does happen I know, but very rarely :)

Pleased to hear your mum had such a great time over here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom