What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just up the road from us...

KPAX News
SUPERIOR - Officials are evacuating more homes at this hour as the 3,650 acres West Mullan fire keeps burning near Superior.
The Mineral County Sheriff's Office is evacuating residents living in the Keystone Gulch area, which is west of the blaze.
Mineral County Sheriff Ernie Ornelas says his home is also among the now 150-plus homes that have been evacuated since the fire sparked Sunday evening.
The number of residences that were under either mandatory evacuation or pre-evacuation notice stood at 150 earlier on Thursday.
The Montana Red Cross is running a shelter for evacuees at the Superior Elementary School.
We'll have more on this developing story as information becomes available.

The next News Break said another one had popped up closer to us. We are starting to get a whiff of smoke in the air.

Thanks!

They are both about 60 miles (96km) away, just in different directions. No panic yet, but it is just up the road, less than an hour by car.

Thanks!

They are both about 60 miles (96km) away, just in different directions. No panic yet, but it is just up the road, less than an hour by car.

Have you had this sort of situation before? Do you have a "plan" for if it gets dangerously close?

Last edited:
Have you had this sort of situation before? Do you have a "plan" for if it gets dangerously close?

Oh yes, this is yearly for us. I am also on the 3rd call for volunteers as medical and 5th call as cook. That means I will be a third wave or 5th wave of a volunteer force if they need us.

Oh yes, this is yearly for us. I am also on the 3rd call for volunteers as medical and 5th call as cook. That means I will be a third wave or 5th wave of a volunteer force if they need us.

Yearly? Wow. I may moan about dull, wet weather, but I don't have to deal with that kind of stress!

On the other hand, the volunteering thing sounds (if it isn't utterly crass to say so), quite exciting. Have you ever been called?

Yearly? Wow. I may moan about dull, wet weather, but I don't have to deal with that kind of stress!

On the other hand, the volunteering thing sounds (if it isn't utterly crass to say so), quite exciting. Have you ever been called?

Yes, I've done medical 7 times. It's quite stressful. The cooking is just fun and goofy! Mostly handing out sandwiches and water to the firefighters. The volunteers are the first ones moved out if the fire shifts.

It's one of the joys of living in North America. There are thousands and thousands of hectares of forest on fire in Quebec (hundreds of kilometres north of here, phew). They have overheated the Hydro electric lines and we have been having power outages because of it.

Yes, I've done medical 7 times. It's quite stressful. The cooking is just fun and goofy! Mostly handing out sandwiches and water to the firefighters. The volunteers are the first ones moved out if the fire shifts.

You know? I need to hear about this sort of thing. It truly does put my own petty concerns into perspective.

I bet the firefighters love you for those sandwiches! (It was dreadful to hear about the firefighters who died in Arizona just recently.)

You know? I need to hear about this sort of thing. It truly does put my own petty concerns into perspective.

I bet the firefighters love you for those sandwiches! (It was dreadful to hear about the firefighters who died in Arizona just recently.)

One of those young men was from Montana. The Smokejumper School is just outside of town.

I am a geriatric nurse and volunteering to help in the first aid tents is the most excitement I can handle. I'm always happy to get back to my patients.

It's one of the joys of living in North America. There are thousands and thousands of hectares of forest on fire in Quebec (hundreds of kilometres north of here, phew). They have overheated the Hydro electric lines and we have been having power outages because of it.

I had no idea Taxlady! I have been to Canada and (please don't be offended here), but I expected it to be very cold! In fact, it was really hot and humid (this was in September in Toronto). It honestly never occurred to me that major fires would be an issue in Canada.

(BTW, I loved Canada and have every intention of going back).

I had no idea Taxlady! I have been to Canada and (please don't be offended here), but I expected it to be very cold! In fact, it was really hot and humid (this was in September in Toronto). It honestly never occurred to me that major fires would be an issue in Canada.

(BTW, I loved Canada and have every intention of going back).
No offence taken. Some tourists show up in Montreal in summer with skis. :LOL:

One of those young men was from Montana. The Smokejumper School is just outside of town.

I am a geriatric nurse and volunteering to help in the first aid tents is the most excitement I can handle. I'm always happy to get back to my patients.

I guess the training school is there because that is where the expertise is.

I couldn't do what you do PF. Hats off to you.

(Oh, and that means "kudos" - I must remember to be less English!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom