What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No air con in my flat. Just a big fan in my living room! (No air con in my car either!)

And you are dead right Kylie - the hot spell we are having now is VERY unusual. Mostly, we are concerned about keeping warm and dry! :(

So no, I don't know anyone with air con in their home.

My friend in Arizona once mentioned her "swamp" thing on her roof and I fell about laughing! Turns out it is some kind of air con thing! Who knew? :LOL: Mind you, they really need AC in Arizona! Phew - is it hot there!

Of course, no air con in your cars either...that is so weird to me :LOL:

We would die without air conditioning here in the home and in the car :ROFLMAO:

It was a short outage, but I can't call it a one-off. It's the fourth one this month. As I mentioned somewhere, the forest fires in the James Bay area are wreaking havoc with the power transmission lines.

Well, the thunder is gone, for now. It is only raining lightly, but we more thunderstorm watches.

Fourth in a month? In 11 years at my current address, there was 1 outage - that lasted for about 2 hours. (A technical fault somewhere and nothing to do with weather.)

I have come to realise that there are pros and cons wherever you live.

It's rumbling around, but I think the storm went north of us. Dang. We need the rain after another day of triple digit heat index. Actual temp got to 97°F.

Of course, no air con in your cars either...that is so weird to me :LOL:

We would die without air conditioning here in the home and in the car :ROFLMAO:

I have a sun-roof though! If ever the sun does come out I have the sun roof open and the windows down. (Hence a burnt right arm and top of head currently!) :) We Brits are famous for burning ourselves to a crisp by rushing out into the sun on the rare occasions it chooses to visit us!

Fourth in a month? In 11 years at my current address, there was 1 outage - that lasted for about 2 hours. (A technical fault somewhere and nothing to do with weather.)

I have come to realise that there are pros and cons wherever you live.

We have had one blackout in the last 2 years, it was something to do with some underground power lines and another one the year before was in Summer, too many people had their air cons on :ROFLMAO:

I have a sun-roof though! If ever the sun does come out I have the sun roof open and the windows down. (Hence a burnt right arm and top of head currently!) :) We Brits are famous for burning ourselves to a crisp by rushing out into the sun on the rare occasions it chooses to visit us!

That is great that you have a sunroof, sounds good ;)

That made me laugh, I imagined all these Brits running out like crazy into the sun, down to the beach :LOL:

It's rumbling around, but I think the storm went north of us. Dang. We need the rain after another day of triple digit heat index. Actual temp got to 97°F.

What exactly is a "heat index"?

Over here, we don't have that. But we do have a "wind chill factor". And I wonder if they are similar things? Basically, "feels like"?

Over here, we don't have that. But we do have a "wind chill factor". And I wonder if they are similar things? Basically, "feels like"?

You got it. We have the wind chill factor too, but not now!

That is great that you have a sunroof, sounds good ;)

That made me laugh, I imagined all these Brits running out like crazy into the sun, down to the beach :LOL:

The beaches and parks have been swarmed by desperately sun-hungry Brits the last few days! It's not funny Kylie - it's tragic!! :LOL:

You got it. We have the wind chill factor too, but not now!
We have wind chill factor in Canada (really), but we usually call it "humidex" for hot weather. How much more miserable does it feel because of the humidity.

And, just when the temp got down to 83°F, and I thought it would be safe to walk Beagle, it started raining! Yay! Doesn't look like it's gonna last though.

Danes are pretty desperate for sunshine too. I was there in 2005 October and it was getting cold. The restos still had tables on the sidewalks. There were California heaters and they were handing out blankets to their customers. :LOL:

....My friend in Arizona once mentioned her "swamp" thing on her roof and I fell about laughing! Turns out it is some kind of air con thing! Who knew? :LOL: Mind you, they really need AC in Arizona! Phew - is it hot there!

A swamp cooler works kinda backwards from an air conditioner. ACs are good where the weather is humid when it is hot; it cools in part by drying the air out by removing moisture from the house it is cooling. A swamp cooler is good for hot, dry climates like AZ. Instead of taking moisture out of the already very dry air it adds some in while cooling the temperature. I was in AZ with our son a couple of Augusts when he was moving into his housing. The cutest thing I saw out there were misters. Like little sprinklers on tall pipes, they sprayed very fine water droplets into the air while you sat at outdoor dining. Looked silly but worked like a charm. *ah*

A swamp cooler works kinda backwards from an air conditioner. ACs are good where the weather is humid when it is hot; it cools in part by drying the air out by removing moisture from the house it is cooling. A swamp cooler is good for hot, dry climates like AZ. Instead of taking moisture out of the already very dry air it adds some in while cooling the temperature. I was in AZ with our son a couple of Augusts when he was moving into his housing. The cutest thing I saw out there were misters. Like little sprinklers on tall pipes, they sprayed very fine water droplets into the air while you sat at outdoor dining. Looked silly but worked like a charm. *ah*

Right now I'd take a lawn sprinkler on full bore...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom