What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be getting the next season Starting January 5th. So be prepared. We even have a long healthy thread about it. Our members in England and Australia get it before we do. But they have been really good about not revealing anything. No spoilers here. :angel:

I spotted that! :) And don't worry, I hate spoilers too, and am very good about not spoiling people who haven't seen the episodes yet. ;)

We are WAY off topic here!

I spotted that! :) And don't worry, I hate spoilers too, and am very good about not spoiling people who haven't seen the episodes yet. ;)

We are WAY off topic here!

Well to get back on subject, did you ever go to watch the making on a "sunny" day? One of the nice things about New England, if you don't like the weather, wait a minute or two. It will change. My favorite thing is when it is raining on one side of the street, and right across from where you are standing the sun is shining and the temp is high with humidity. Sometimes I think I have my own personal black cloud that follows me. Every time I have plans to go out, it rains. :angel:

Well to get back on subject, did you ever go to watch the making on a "sunny" day? One of the nice things about New England, if you don't like the weather, wait a minute or two. It will change. My favorite thing is when it is raining on one side of the street, and right across from where you are standing the sun is shining and the temp is high with humidity. Sometimes I think I have my own personal black cloud that follows me. Every time I have plans to go out, it rains. :angel:

No, I never did that. But as for living in a place where the weather changes ALL the time? Yes, "old" England is just the same! :LOL:

I can recall having a blizzard on May 1st. Then the temp soared during the day and it was all gone by 5 p.m. :angel:

Slightly different, but a few years ago myself and a friend planned to go to Bournemouth (a seaside town on the south coast) for the day. On the morning in question (this was in late May), it was cloudy and fairly chilly. Worse, the forecast was for torrential rain in the south. My friend called and it had already started raining heavily - she wondered if we should cancel our day out. I said "no, let's go for it" and we got on the train and headed to Bournemouth in lashing rain. By the time we got there - the clouds had parted and the sun was out. (It got to 80C that day!) We had the best fun ever - went on a speed boat, ate ice-creams, played air-hockey, and sat on the balcony of a bar overlooking the coast. On the way home on the train, we bumped into two of my brothers and their friends on their way back from a day out in Winchester. It was a fabulous day! :) And I am very glad I didn't take any notice of the weather forecast!

Slightly different, but a few years ago myself and a friend planned to go to Bournemouth (a seaside town on the south coast) for the day. On the morning in question (this was in late May), it was cloudy and fairly chilly. Worse, the forecast was for torrential rain in the south. My friend called and it had already started raining heavily - she wondered if we should cancel our day out. I said "no, let's go for it" and we got on the train and headed to Bournemouth in lashing rain. By the time we got there - the clouds had parted and the sun was out. (It got to 80C that day!) We had the best fun ever - went on a speed boat, ate ice-creams, played air-hockey, and sat on the balcony of a bar overlooking the coast. On the way home on the train, we bumped into two of my brothers and their friends on their way back from a day out in Winchester. It was a fabulous day! :) And I am very glad I didn't take any notice of the weather forecast!

It did not of course get to 80C.... it got to 80F. :blush:

80C was a typo, right? :ermm::ohmy:

I once went home to Copenhagen for a six week vacation (weather similar to GB, but a bit colder and darker in winter). It was summer. It was so rainy/chilly that we went to Spain for a week, twice. :LOL:

80C was a typo, right? :ermm::ohmy:

I once went home to Copenhagen for a six week vacation (weather similar to GB, but a bit colder and darker in winter). It was summer. It was so rainy/chilly that we went to Spain for a week, twice. :LOL:

Yup! See above! :ROFLMAO:

Okay, so you know why Brits flee Britain (if they can) and annoy people who live in lovely sunny countries!

BTW, "... home to Copenhagen..." ?

Yup! See above! :ROFLMAO:

Okay, so you know why Brits flee Britain (if they can) and annoy people who live in lovely sunny countries!

BTW, "... home to Copenhagen..." ?
My mum was Danish, my dad was Swedish and I lived in Copenhagen, Denmark before I came to Canada.

People on the left side of the pond just don't understand the Beatles song, Here comes the Sun. They think they do, but they don't. The song was written where the sun came out twice all winter, if you were lucky. :LOL:

We may have colder winters in Montreal, but the sun comes out and then it's really fxxking cold. But, we get to see the sun.

Last edited:
My mum was Danish, my dad was Swedish and I lived in Copenhagen, Denmark before I came to Canada.

People on the left side of the pond just don't understand the Beatles song, Here comes the Sun. They think they do, but they don't. The song was written where the sun came out twice all winter, if you were lucky. :LOL:

We may have colder winters in Montreal, but the sun comes out and then it's really fxxking cold. But, we get to see the sun.

My parents were both Irish. So I have been to Ireland many times. And you know how I complain about British weather? It's not as bad as Irish weather! :LOL:

One of my favourite "weather" songs? Mr Blue Sky by ELO.

"Hey, there Mr. Blue
We're so pleased to be with you
Look around see what you do
Everybody smiles at you "

Last edited:

Can I just nod in agreement? The long, dark winters are so depressing. The short days are even worse. Get up in the dark, go to work while there is daylight, and go home in the dark. All the while, shivering and drenched.

I live in the wrong country! (I do love my country, but I don't seem very well suited to it.)

Katy, we live in the bottom of a valley, surrounded on all sides by mountains. Our winter days are very short, by at least two hours, as it takes time for the sun to come up over the mountains. I go to work in the dark and come home in the dark. But, at least it's not Alaska!

When I lived in Tacoma, WA, we had rain for one solid month. One of the weathermen would give "Rain Checks" just in case we got a day without rain. It didn't have to have sun. Their rainy season runs from Oct. to May. So a month of solid rain is not unusual. Poo was still in a stroller. I would put his yellow slicker and hat on and off we would go. I never let the rain stop me. We walked all over town. In the rain. :angel:

Bit of a storm...Sadly a lightning strike took out our beautiful redbud tree just outside our bed room. Split it down the middle and knocked it all down....

Katie, you're free to visit me and my redbud any spring we're here - like next year? After that, *pfft* I hope to be back by our kids in OH. Where I will promptly plant another one since I too love redbuds. Like others said, very happy for you that the lightning struck the tree and not the house.

When I got up this morning the temp was at 72ºF. It is now 73ºF. the heat wave has finally broken. We managed to set some records with this one. :angel:

Um, the heat wave broke near the coast. 60 miles inland? We hit a high of 86.4 per our little weather station. Got excited when I saw Saturday night's low was 68.4. Still not opening the windows until later in the week, when they promise the high will be 78. But that's more than 24 hours away so IMO only speculation.

...One of the nice things about New England, if you don't like the weather, wait a minute or two. It will change. My favorite thing is when it is raining on one side of the street, and right across from where you are standing the sun is shining and the temp is high with humidity...

Not just New England, but in Ohio too. KatyCooks, we have weird weather all over this big country! Like Addie had said, get a May snowstorm (and I had picked a May club meeting to bake for since I wouldn't have to worry about snow to drive the 20 miles :rolleyes: ) and by the end of the day the snow is gone - and so, in our case, was a tree crown that we lost). Heat on overnight, windows open in the morning, and AC on by mid-afternoon.

...We may have colder winters in Montreal, but the sun comes out and then it's really fxxking cold. But, we get to see the sun.

Took us a while to get used to that. Back home south of Cleveland OH we never saw sun from about Halloween until Valentine's day...if we were lucky. Lake Erie has to freeze over before the colder air coming from Canada doesn't pick up moisture from the open lake and make clouds. Snow clouds. THAT is "Lake Effect". Once it got cold you would put your sunglasses in the glove compartment and forget about them till almost spring. I forgot most times the first winter we lived in MA and nearly froze my nose off every time I put them on...in an icy-cold car! Now I carry my shades in my purse year-round. :cool:

It has been bucketing down with rain all day near enough...I have been out driving in it most of the day and have been loving it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom