What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 72°F now, we haven't had rain for a few weeks. Supposed to be mid to upper 90s in the upcoming week.

It rained hard for about 15 minutes, lots of wind and thunder, that was several hours ago. Cooled it off nicely outside, 61F right now.

I just looked out the window. the wind is blowing and the willow tree has all its branches now growing sideways. It is overcast. Not a day for taking a nice walk. :angel:

97°F, with a heat index in the 100's. Heat advisory, many schools around here got out early today. The one I was at lost its A/C, so we sweated it out all day, then they fixed it. More of the same expected for the rest of the week, and still no rain anticipated.

I don't mind heat if I have A/C or a nice cool body of water to hang in. Unfortunately, one can only take so much clothing off and still maintain some semblance of dignity! (and avoid being arrested...)

97°F, with a heat index in the 100's. Heat advisory, many schools around here got out early today. The one I was at lost its A/C, so we sweated it out all day, then they fixed it. More of the same expected for the rest of the week, and still no rain anticipated.

I don't mind heat if I have A/C or a nice cool body of water to hang in. Unfortunately, one can only take so much clothing off and still maintain some semblance of dignity! (and avoid being arrested...)

Well it sure would have created some interesting conversations around the supper tables in town. :angel:

Our temp right now is 89, heat index of 94.
Sunny, but humid.
Tornado watches out in West Texas that stretches up through Oklahoma and into Kansas. Pretty much tornado alley. Hope they don't move this way, if they do, I'll get some more storm pics:)
Warm and sunny today but there was a horrendous (well, by our standards) storm overnight on Friday. I got up on Saturday morning to find the kitchen ceiling on the floor in a pool of water! This weekend was a bank holiday weekend (ie UK national holiday - don't ask!) so most of Saturday was spent on the telephone trying to get someone to come and do a temporary repair and quote for the repairs. It's still school holidays here so most of the roofing contractors in the telephone directory were away on holiday. I eventually found someone who told me his wife had insisted he came. He helped me clear up the mess as well, bless his little cotton socks!

Last edited:

Same temp.'s here today, miserably hot & humid. Schools let out early, the ones w no air conditioning. Hoping it will cool off tonight. Nothing yet.

Awful heat and humidity, some schools are even telling parents not to send the kids because they no air conditioning.

Meanwhile Addie, 60 miles away the low of the night wasn't even that cool! We recorded 65.8 overnight. Hit a high of 87, now we're down to a balmy 83.5. Yup, got the AC on...and I'm still crabby. :evil:

Same old same old, still hotter than Hades, 96° F in the shade, and still no rain in sight.

It feels like an attic outside, very hot & humid. It has not even cooled down at night! Area schools letting out early & after school activities are being canceled. Kids & the elderly are getting sick from the heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom