What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is, huh? I haven't looked that far in advance.
Maybe the lake will keep things warm enough up here.

Freezing rain this morning....:ermm:

It could be worse TG. You weather could be like this.....
img_1323984_0_a7dc67cec738c31e1471452bba9b6c14.jpg

Yeah, I know. I've heard from a friend in Colorado where it will be -5 on Saturday, lol

We got 6" of snow piled up in SE South Dakota. It's very windy today. The temp.s have been dropping fast. It's 10F now with below zero windshields. Brrrrr. They are still working on trying to get the snow cleared off the streets. A lot of area schools closed. Visibilty in the country is less than 1/4 mile. Very dry snow.

Another very foggy, warm day, got to 54°F, just like yesterday. And now the temp's dropping like a rock here along the river.

Our temps have been in the high 40's during the daylight hours, then drops to the high 30's at night. But I am sure we will be getting those low temps soon. :angel:

No, nothing! I'm really surprised, as we usually get what you get, only later. Hope I didn't jinx us....
We really got dumped on. It seems worse east & north of us. Schools within a 100 mile radius are at least 2 hours late if not closed for tomorrow because of the dangerously cold temp.'s.:angel:

We really got dumped on. It seems worse east & north of us. Schools within a 100 mile radius are at least 2 hours late if not closed for tomorrow because of the dangerously cold temp.'s.:angel:

Oh dear! Stay safe! Sounds like a lot of folks got it.

79 yesterday, nice and breezy.
37 this morning and going down hill from here. We will be below freezing until Sunday. Not a big deal to all you Northerners, I know, but a big deal for us. I love the cold and I'm not complaining BUT I sure as hell don't want the ice storm that is coming :(
I LOVE snow. I HATE ice. Can't drive in it, can't play in it.... Thank goodness we have a fireplace in case we lose electricity.

Attachments

• 7day (1).jpg
    7day (1).jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 157
there is a heavy storm approaching from the north sea. At the coast line there is a risk of a storm tide, well, actually several storm tides 'cause the storm shall last till tomorrow.
From here it's about 160km/100mi to the sea, but it will be still strong.
Hope we won't loose our roof like we did last time in 2007...

It is 60 degrees here right now. DH had the door and windows open to air out the house but had to shut them when we got a downpour. Now it's just sprinkling. We are to have icy conditions over the weekend, they say.

My husband bought a thermometer that he keeps on his end table that shows the inside and outside temps. There is a picture of a lady on it and when it gets warm outside she takes off her clothes and goes down to a bikini. As it gets colder she put on the clothes. When it's in between like it is now, she is just showing her bare belly. He told me that he didn't know it did that when he bought it.

Just above freezing here. It's supposed to go up to 7 C (45 F) this afternoon with showers into evening with snow overnight.

It is 60 degrees here right now. DH had the door and windows open to air out the house but had to shut them when we got a downpour. Now it's just sprinkling. We are to have icy conditions over the weekend, they say.

My husband bought a thermometer that he keeps on his end table that shows the inside and outside temps. There is a picture of a lady on it and when it gets warm outside she takes off her clothes and goes down to a bikini. As it gets colder she put on the clothes. When it's in between like it is now, she is just showing her bare belly. He told me that he didn't know it did that when he bought it.

Yeah, that would not be permitted anywhere in our house where I could see it.

It's a balmy 65 degrees with mostly cloudy skies today. We're supposed to get lots of rain this weekend. Too warm here for snow.

79 yesterday, nice and breezy.
37 this morning and going down hill from here. We will be below freezing until Sunday. Not a big deal to all you Northerners, I know, but a big deal for us. I love the cold and I'm not complaining BUT I sure as hell don't want the ice storm that is coming :(
I LOVE snow. I HATE ice. Can't drive in it, can't play in it.... Thank goodness we have a fireplace in case we lose electricity.

there is a heavy storm approaching from the north sea. At the coast line there is a risk of a storm tide, well, actually several storm tides 'cause the storm shall last till tomorrow.
From here it's about 160km/100mi to the sea, but it will be still strong.
Hope we won't loose our roof like we did last time in 2007...
You're both getting hit with some really ugly weather. TXgirl, a friend in Plano likes to post pictures of the ice hanging off their home. Needless to say, she hides inside when she's taking those pictures! And cara, I read about the northern European storms on BBC news earlier today. Sounds like the coastal areas could see some nasty damage. Hope you both stay safe and come out of the storms with power, roofs, and no damage.

We're pretty mild today (and tomorrow) with temps in the 50s to mid-40s. Foggy! Himself is out in the pea soup now; I decided to wait with ALL my errands till tomorrow. I'll be running both west and east - better have LOTS of leftovers from tonight.

...My husband bought a thermometer that he keeps on his end table that shows the inside and outside temps. There is a picture of a lady on it and when it gets warm outside she takes off her clothes and goes down to a bikini. As it gets colder she put on the clothes. When it's in between like it is now, she is just showing her bare belly. He told me that he didn't know it did that when he bought it.
Oh that is too funny! :LOL: And yeah, sure, he "didn't know". :rolleyes: Himself got me a little weather station I have on my kitchen windowsill, with the remote thermometer in the sunroom (so I know if it's warm enough to open it up to the house). When he gets back home I'll have to ask him if they had one with a buff beach guy donning and removing his clothing. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom