What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
-10°C (14F) but the windchill makes it feel more like -19°C (-2F). Lots of squalls coming in off of Lake Huron/Georgian Bay but not much here in town. It seems to be going around us. Lake Simcoe seems to be protecting us.

Much colder than average here. Should be 42ºF but it's around 23ºF. We will be below freezing for the rest of the week and will have to deal with a storm Saturday night/Sunday.

Much colder than average here. Should be 42ºF but it's around 23ºF. We will be below freezing for the rest of the week and will have to deal with a storm Saturday night/Sunday.

I wonder if that's the same storm we're due to get Friday night into Saturday. They were saying 3-6, now they changed it to 2-4. I think you get more snow on the east coast than we get.

Cold, cold, cold. Considering a week ago I was stepping off a cruise ship into the Bahamas, this weather is really hard to take. Thank goodness I leave for Key West in three weeks. Maybe I can travel enough this winter to skip the cold altogether.

I just came in from running my errands, we are having a miniature blizzard!

The driving was not too bad for my little truck. I did see a little car with a great big tower strapped on the roof trying to navigate the snow and ice without much success. When I got close to it the sign was for Google Earth, not a good day to go explore! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

North of me the little town of Redfield has gotten over 5 feet of snow in the last couple of days. Years ago up that way, the oldtimers used to ask everyone they met three questions in the fall.

Got yer wood in?
Got yer deer yet?
Got yer 26 weeks in? (unemployment insurance for the winter months)

They are a hardy bunch!

I just came in from running my errands, we are having a miniature blizzard!

The driving was not too bad for my little truck. I did see a little car with a great big tower strapped on the roof trying to navigate the snow and ice without much success. When I got close to it the sign was for Google Earth, not a good day to go explore! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

North of me the little town of Redfield has gotten over 5 feet of snow in the last couple of days. Years ago up that way, the oldtimers used to ask everyone they met three questions in the fall.

Got yer wood in?
Got yer deer yet?
Got yer 26 weeks in? (unemployment insurance for the winter months)

They are a hardy bunch!

They sound like they come from Down East. Ehyuh :angel:

Our little skiff of snow is gone and it is still raining. I am so glad the snow is gone because I can go out and get the mail. :)

It is Friday the 13th. I am wondering if that is an omen for the storm they keep telling us about all week. Being as close to the ocean as I am, our temps are a bit higher than what the weatherman is telling us. It makes it hard to decide what our weather is really going to be. :angel:

I wonder if that's the same storm we're due to get Friday night into Saturday. They were saying 3-6, now they changed it to 2-4. I think you get more snow on the east coast than we get.

I think it is Carol. Watching the 11:00 news last night, the first mention of accumulation was 6" to 9" for my area. By the time he got to the full forecast, he had changed it to 3" to 6". I though that was just fine with me. This morning, accumulation is now 6" to 12".

Bottom line - it's gonna snow and the forecasters have now clue.

I think it is Carol. Watching the 11:00 news last night, the first mention of accumulation was 6" to 9" for my area. By the time he got to the full forecast, he had changed it to 3" to 6". I though that was just fine with me. This morning, accumulation is now 6" to 12".

Bottom line - it's gonna snow and the forecasters have no clue.

You got that right Andy. I heard 1-2" at noon. :angel:

It is Friday the 13th. I am wondering if that is an omen for the storm they keep telling us about all week. Being as close to the ocean as I am, our temps are a bit higher than what the weatherman is telling us. It makes it hard to decide what our weather is really going to be. :angel:

A good night to dig out an old copy of Stephen King's Storm of the Century video! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

A good night to dig out an old copy of Stephen King's Storm of the Century video! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:
The other day a friend whose wife is working in New York told me that she'd reported that it was snowing over there.

Hmm. What New York gets today we tend to get next week when it works its way east over the Atlantic ocean.

Weirdly mild over here. Nearly in the middle of December and I was wandering round the stable yard in a thin sweater and no coat. It did however rain like we were going to need Noah's Ark.

We got up to a balmy 32°F according to my car thermometer. Currently 28°F, and we're supposed to get snow later tonight here along Old Man River.

As much as I was anticipating that snow that's forcasted for tonight I'm hoping it passes us by. My grandson wants to come over and trim my tree with me!

As much as I was anticipating that snow that's forcasted for tonight I'm hoping it passes us by. My grandson wants to come over and trim my tree with me!

That sound like fun. I always just left the tree which ever way the kids did it. The tree was more for them, than for me. I had some strange looking trees. How old is he? :angel:

We expecting 8"-12" tomorrow night and Sunday morning. That means everyone races to the grocery stores to load up on milk and bread. The stores will be mobbed and the shelves will be bare.

This is something I've never understood. Do other people eat a lot of milk and bread when it's snowing? Is it a religious thing? And why milk and bread? How about some meat and vegetables? What about stocking up on bacon?

Hmmm, note to self. Buy some extra bacon. Better get some milk and bread too.

Milk, bread, cigarettes and beer. I don't drink milk or smoke cigarettes, but there's an innate drive in me to purchase these things whenever they predict snow. I don't have a choice. I'm driven to do so.

-22C (-8F)

Looks like we are getting some of that storm too. According to the Weather Network,

"...Finally, a low pressure system from the Southern United States will move to lie over New England Sunday morning while increasing. Snow associated with this system will affect Southern Quebec beginning Saturday evening with snowfall amounts possibly exceeding 15 centimetres. Northeasterly winds will also intensify as the system approaches and could significantly reduce visibilities in blowing snow."

They are predicting another 10 cm on Sunday. Total: 25 cm = ~10"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom