What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Milk, bread, cigarettes and beer. I don't drink milk or smoke cigarettes, but there's an innate drive in me to purchase these things whenever they predict snow. I don't have a choice. I'm driven to do so.

For me it's mixing up a big batch of yeast bread dough for pizza, cinnamon buns and loaves of fresh bread, next comes a pot of soup or tomato sauce. I love to see the steam streaming down the kitchen windows, I still can't resist writing in the steam and drawing funny faces!

Humans are odd animals, at least this one is! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

...This is something I've never understood. Do other people eat a lot of milk and bread when it's snowing? Is it a religious thing? And why milk and bread? How about some meat and vegetables? What about stocking up on bacon?

Hmmm, note to self. Buy some extra bacon. Better get some milk and bread too.
Now bacon I understand! And these guys have the "stocking up" right:

rottenecard_100301532_4y3wrvq5v2.png

Beer, wine, Bourbon. Whatever keeps you warm. ;)

-22C (-8F)............................They are predicting another 10 cm on Sunday. Total: 25 cm = ~10"
Wow taxy, it's as cold as a witch's...kiss! We aren't that cold. A "balmy" 8 degrees (-15 C).

We're in the 8-12 inch band of snow. Told Himself we better get ourselves to church tomorrow so we don't have to worry about digging out early on Sunday. So much for that "day of rest". Apparently God has a sense of humor.

It is the Lemming Syndrome. One foes over the cliff, they all go over. Snowflakes seem to jump start the whole thing. :angel:

They predicted snow overnight, but I woke up to nary a flake. They are still saying 2-4, but I don't know when. Maybe it passed us up and went straight to New England.

warm, and windy. It was -17C (1.4F) and -26C (-15F) with windchill yesterday, and right now it is +5C (41F) and -3C (27F) with windchill. No wonder I have a bit of a headache!

Still have roughly 2 feet of snow on the ground though :crazy:

Sunny and cold. The calm before the storm. I called my sister and told her they didn't have to come tonight. I figured she would be agonizing over the decision so I thought I'd make it easy for her. To my surprise, they want to come so we moved up the time by an hour to help out the situation.

We are expecting 8"-12" from tonight through Sunday AM.

It started snowing around 10 AM. It was light and mixed with rain. It's still snowing very lightly but it's not accumulating on the roads, just the grass and porch. The barometer is just starting to drop, so maybe they just had the timing wrong.

It's been snowing all day two hours north of you, Carol. No chance of rain as it's still darn cold.

I guess it's because I have lived in PA all my life, sunny and 83 would just not be Christmas for me. I have to have cold and snow for Christmas.

The traffic report from my third floor bathroom window! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Traffic is moving slowly on the main street and it looks like it's covered in brown sugar, my street appears to be covered with powdered sugar, the man on TV says there's a storm a comin'!

The day started out at 11ºF. Now it has climbed all the way up to 19ºF. I was planning on going out this morning, but not in that cold. And certainly not riding my scooter. Right now it is snowing. The ground is covered. We will see what the night brings. :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom