What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The day started out at 11ºF. Now it has climbed all the way up to 19ºF. I was planning on going out this morning, but not in that cold. And certainly not riding my scooter. Right now it is snowing. The ground is covered. We will see what the night brings. :angel:

We have a friend from Boston who was a weather forecaster in the Navy with DH and still has family and friends there. He says Boston will get about 1" of accumulation overnight with a changeover to sleet and rain tomorrow. Accumulations of 6-12" north and west, with most areas getting 8-10".

He's been very accurate with predicting nor'easters here, and Hurricane Sandy last year. Let's see how well he does :)

33°F, been wandering in and out without a coat. Went to Costco earlier, only had a sweater on because my pants don't have pockets.

-22C (-8F)...

Wow taxy, it's as cold as a witch's...kiss! We aren't that cold. A "balmy" 8 degrees (-15 C).

We're in the 8-12 inch band of snow. Told Himself we better get ourselves to church tomorrow so we don't have to worry about digging out early on Sunday. So much for that "day of rest". Apparently God has a sense of humor.
It warmed up. It's been -18C (0 F) most of today. With the wind, that was really frelling cold. This is our forecast:

Attachments

• 2013-12-14 weather.gif
    2013-12-14 weather.gif
    73.9 KB · Views: 132
The snow started around 19h and we have a couple of inches. The snow flakes are getting bigger. It warmed up 2 degrees to -16C (3F) with wind chillies of -28C (-18F).

We have a friend from Boston who was a weather forecaster in the Navy with DH and still has family and friends there. He says Boston will get about 1" of accumulation overnight with a changeover to sleet and rain tomorrow. Accumulations of 6-12" north and west, with most areas getting 8-10".

He's been very accurate with predicting nor'easters here, and Hurricane Sandy last year. Let's see how well he does :)

We got about one inch and now it is raining. I never pay attention to what they say on TV. Boston weather is always less than the rest of the state. Unless it is a Nor'easter. Then we get it all. :angel:

Icy rain hitting our windows right now Addie. I despise this kind of weather. Back home we might get freezing rain once every couple years or so. Seems like it happens a couple times a winter where we are now. Hate it!

Our snow just changed to huge fluffy flakes and it is accumulating...
Those are my favorite kind of flake! When it was really cold back home I swear some of the flakes were the size of dinner plates! I know, exaggerating, but they drifted down like something out of a Charlie Brown TV special. Up here if we get the larger flakes they don't drift, they come sideways at you at about 40 or 50 MPH.

We got about one inch and now it is raining. I never pay attention to what they say on TV. Boston weather is always less than the rest of the state. Unless it is a Nor'easter. Then we get it all. :angel:

In the Navy, it's kind of important to get a forecast right. The captain hates it when an aircraft carrier is in a bad weather system while jets are trying to land on the flight deck :rolleyes:

Our area is the same way - it's always warmer than the rest of the state, because of our proximity to the Atlantic Ocean and the Chesapeake Bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom