What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's currently -21C (-6F). It got all the way up to -17C (1F) today.

This is what it looked like yesterday:

20131215_151641-SNOW.gif

taxy, that looks so picture-perfect! Of course I'm saying that as someone who would be on the inside looking out. :LOL:

Yup, from Wikipedia, " In 2007, Oswego gained national attention when approximately 130" (slightly less than 11 feet) of snow fell in a two-week timespan. This broke the record of the Blizzard of 1966, which blanketed the city with 102" of snow."
Oswego, New York - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Rocket, I'm not denying that some areas get lots of snow, some over a short time. Upper VT in 2003 had over 20 feet on the ground during winter and they were still skiing into June. I remember that because my SIL came up in late March 2004 to head to Killington...and we ran into Mud Season. Michigan's UP piles up to the clouds almost any winter. But what I found to be rather incredulous was the comment that one town got 27 feet of snow in 24 hours. It didn't. The Oswego total you just quoted was for just under 11 feet accumulated over two weeks. By my Catholic school math, that averages to less than one measurable foot of snow in any one 24-hour period. But no matter how you look at it, that is one heck of a lot of snow! :ohmy:

Sure, SB is having a heat wave and out temperature is at 13ºF. with an expected snowfall of two to four inches of snow tomorrow. So much to look forward to. Our temperatures are too low for December. This is January/February weather for us. Mother Nature's hormones are running amok! :angel:

It's 35 degrees right now. We got a couple inches of snow overnight. Our temps are predicted to be in the high 40's over the weekend. I'm getting out my shorts and sandals.

Cool picture, Taxy.
Thanks Pac. The snow was falling, but that's a Google+ enhancement, that animated snow. ;)

It's really cold. As Addie wrote, this is January/February weather. -18 C (0 F), when I took Shreddy to the vet. It went up to -16C (3F) and now it's -17C and snowing. Seems to feel a constant 10C (18F) colder than the actual temperature.

It didn't snow all day. That rocks! lol
Gloomy and gray and in the low twenties, but no snow. It was so nice not to get any more snow it made a crappy day seem like the first day of Spring.

So, crocuses pac? Happy Easter. ;)

I bet Boston has had more than one blizzard over the years Addie. I went looking for a link to Cleveland's "White Hurricane" in 1978 and found a CWRU "Encyclopedia of Cleveland History" link that showed four historical blizzards in the Cleveland area. My Mom was pregnant with me when the 1950 one hit. She didn't know it at the time and spent five days shoveling out! Then, when she went to the doctor, he told her to "take it easy". Um, bit late with THAT advice!:ROFLMAO:

The Cleveland 1978 storm was from a different system than the one that hit Boston. I remember the winds at the airport were recorded somewhere around 100 MPH. The barometric reading was the lowest recorded for a land reading not associated with a hurricane - 28.28 inches. We lost that record a few years later. All I know is that the pressure dropped so very low so very fast I had a raging headache when I woke up the day of the storm. Of course, Himself had to ignore everything and go to work. :LOL: Coming home he got stuck in a drift on the unplowed road but some nice couple took him in until I found a snowmobile rescue group that got him. He got his car the next day.

The National Weather Service article about the Ohio hurricane has a photo of a home that was buried by the snowfall! It was somewhat south of Toledo, in the state's NW corner. You can see that here: It Hit!

Crumbs, -18C! And I thought it was cold tonight when I went up to the yard to put Horse to bed and there was just a light frost in places!

I don't like a warm bedroom and don't have the heat on overnight so I will resort to a hot water bottle tonight, I think.

Our temp right now is 35. I think we are supposed to get more snow overnight.

Mad Cook, my husband and I do not agree on where to set the thermostat. I think he keeps it too warm in here. When I can, I sneak over and turn it down a notch or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom