What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too cold to snow, Pac!

We are currently @ 17°F, feels like 24°F, no snow. Supposed to get up to 33°F with snow.

Perfect day for shopping.

I was actually thinking of buying a sled a few years ago. I used to sled back in "the day". I think I had to shovel three times that winter :LOL:
You never can tell.
Four wheelers don't do anything well, compared to a bike or sled, but they aren't seasonal either :)

My son moved into a new home this year and he has a really good hill for sledding. My 5 year old grandson will go down the hill once, and after he walks back up the hill he says that's enough because he doesn't want to have to walk back up the hill. He would like it if his mother came down and pulled him up the hill on his sled. At the old house they had no hill. His mother used to pull him around the yard on his sled and that was great for him. I never heard of a 5 year old being so lazy! LOL

Right now the TV says it's -8, one of our thermometers says it's -6 and two others say it's -3. It's pretty warm in the house. They closed everything. I always wonder about meals-on-wheels. They close for inclement weather. The people who receive this service are usually elderly people who have no one to help them. I hope their neighbors are looking out for them.

9°F and I must go out. Odd, I have felt cold since the surgery, so I am wrapped up in blankets. Need to find my winter coat, probably behind a guitar somewhere.

For some strange reason, the cold has a bad effect on surgical scars. The newer, they more painful. Keep that incision warm, or you will experience pain like you have never known. I am not the only one who has had this miserable experience. :angel:

I think we were referring to snowmobiles, Carol. I know I was :)
As the local off road store says, "Get out and play!"
I had some good times snowmobiling with my father when I was a kid.

Anyway, it has dropped another degree. On the bright side it is supposed to get up to 22 by tomorrow and 45 on Saturday :):):)

And Rocket, I knew Barrie looked familiar. I went up to Simcoe ice fishing something like five years in a row 25 years ago or so. Now those were really good times. We used to go up by Orilla. One time we had one heck of a time finding our way off the ice due to a white out. Sure, the ice was well over a foot thick, but driving around on it looking for the right spot to drive out was getting a little nerve wracking :shock:

For some strange reason, the cold has a bad effect on surgical scars. The newer, they more painful. Keep that incision warm, or you will experience pain like you have never known. I am not the only one who has had this miserable experience. :angel:

It's not the incisions, I am cold. I am never cold. The incisions are fine. Going to go have my staples out today.

I think we were referring to snowmobiles, Carol. I know I was :)
As the local off road store says, "Get out and play!"
I had some good times snowmobiling with my father when I was a kid.

Both you and Rocketdawg referred to 'sledding" and to me, that means on a sled! On a snowmobile it is called "snowmobiling." No?

When my father was living there were no snowmobiles. Most people didn't even own a car! LOL

It's not the incisions, I am cold. I am never cold. The incisions are fine. Going to go have my staples out today.

Make sure he gets them all. With my last surgery, I came home from having the staples removed and found one inside my belly button! LOL It looked like I had a belly button ring.

Both you and Rocketdawg referred to 'sledding" and to me, that means on a sled! On a snowmobile it is called "snowmobiling." No?

When my father was living there were no snowmobiles. Most people didn't even own a car! LOL

Sled is to snowmobile what bike is to motorcycle. Just another word to confuse people :LOL:

I obviously don't understand meals on wheels.
I thought it was for people who can't get out or drive, yet I thought Fi said she had some running around to do today. :huh:

I thought it was for people who can't get out or drive, yet I thought Fi said she had some running around to do today. :huh:

Maybe she and Shrek volunteer to do deliveries rather than be on the receiving end.

It sounds to me that no one in my area is going to receive their meals, because they are closed! So no inclement weather preparing OR delivering of meals on wheels.

Sometimes people can get it temporarily if they have been hospitalized. Or if they are unable to cook or use the stove safely.

This is one time PF need all the nutrition she can get. And Shrek is unlikely the best cook to feed her all the nutrients. Peeling veggies, preparing the meats, and all the rest that goes into fixing a balanced meal can be more than a recovering surgical patient can handle. And today she gets her staples removed. So she is far from being healed enough to do some serious cooking.

The doctors encourage walking. But how much can you do in an apartment. She said that Shrek was going to take her to the mall so she could do some walking. The kind that would be beneficial to her healing. Providing they can get there, the malls will be filled today with elderly who take their daily walks there in the cold weather. No ice or cold wind to contend with. Much safer than walking outside.

Unfortunately, they are now building shopping malls that do not have central walkways inside. It is mostly to discourage teens from using it as a hangout place to go to. We have three new ones that have been razed to the ground and rebuilt with this in mind. A death knell for the elderly walking on a daily basis. :angel:

Last edited:
Maybe she and Shrek volunteer to do deliveries rather than be on the receiving end.

It sounds to me that no one in my area is going to receive their meals, because they are closed! So no inclement weather preparing OR delivering of meals on wheels.

During the snow storm, our service systems closed for the day to regroup and be able to continue their services, knowing this cold weather was coming. All our Meals on Wheels are running. My health plan has their own kitchen and delivery service. Should the city one be unable to make all their deliveries, our kitchen and vehicles can pick up the slack. And their vehicles are definitely winterized.

Interesting. I didn't know you could sign up for meals on wheels for a day or so, or on an as needed basis. I'll have to remember that.

15ºF at 10:00AM and SO's car won't start. Jumper cables did the trick but she shouldn't have this problem with a battery that's not a year and a half old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom