What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blizzard conditions. 1/4 mile visibility. no travel advised. 50 mph winds all day with gusts of wind of 65 mph reported at the airport. Several accidents & people in the ditch off the interstates.

Blizzard conditions. 1/4 mile visibility. no travel advised. 50 mph winds all day with gusts of wind of 65 mph reported at the airport. Several accidents & people in the ditch off the interstates.

Oh geez, SB, hope you don't have to go anywhere! Stay safe! Friends in ND said they're also in a blizzard.

We had 36°F today, but the winds were wicked here along the river, and it felt much colder.

Last edited:
Oh geez, SB, hope you don't have to go anywhere! Stay safe! Friends in ND said they're also in a blizzard.

We had 36°F today, but the winds were wicked here along the river, and it felt much colder.

Thanks for the positive thoughts! Glad they opened the interstate, but they are still advising no travel. Maybe a late start tomorrow! : )
Wish I could go to the gym & the pool. Both fitness centers, with pools, closed today due to the weather.

Thanks for the positive thoughts! Glad they opened the interstate, but they are still advising no travel. Maybe a late start tomorrow! : )
Wish I could go to the gym & the pool. Both fitness centers, with pools, closed today due to the weather.

Maybe you should take up ice skating:rolleyes:

Maybe snow shoveling! (yuck). It'll just blow back anyway!

I hate wind! You folks are freezing with the wind and our winds are so hot and dry that there was a major fire way south east of here and many homes were lost. We need rain so badly in California.

One more day of this and it's back to dreary old Tennessee :(

12038298394_4aa590fdc6_z.jpg

I hate wind! You folks are freezing with the wind and our winds are so hot and dry that there was a major fire way south east of here and many homes were lost. We need rain so badly in California.

Those Santa Ana winds will drive you crazy! I've read that the police in large cities get ready for more disturbances during them.

I lived very near that huge Oakland hills fire disaster when it took place back in the early 90's! That was during Santa Ana time.

Very nice, we got up to a sunny 45°F with a breeze here along the river. Supposed to get really cold again.

One more day of this and it's back to dreary old Tennessee :(

12038298394_4aa590fdc6_z.jpg
Looks beautiful! Wish I were there.
Most of the water around here is solid ice.
Starting to melt a little today, in the 40's. Makes it pretty slick underfoot. I should get out & get the sidewalks scraped off before it freezes tonight.

Awww, Phinz. Sorry to hear it. I was assuming you live on a boat down in the Keys. People do, you know. Maybe you should start saving your pennies. Not that there's anything wrong with Tennessee. ;)

Awww, Phinz. Sorry to hear it. I was assuming you live on a boat down in the Keys. People do, you know. Maybe you should start saving your pennies. Not that there's anything wrong with Tennessee. ;)

I've been trying to convince my wife for 15 years that this is where we need to be. It hasn't worked yet. :ermm:

My last message to her was sell the houses, sell the cars, keep the dog and meet me at the airport. :LOL:

I've been trying to convince my wife for 15 years that this is where we need to be. It hasn't worked yet. :ermm:

My last message to her was sell the houses, sell the cars, keep the dog and meet me at the airport. :LOL:
Give up. When we were engaged Himself said he would like to retire to FL. I handed the ring to him and told him to find someone else because I would never move to FL full-time. And we had the 2-house thing when we were restoring my parents' home - don't want the responsibility of two residences. We'll celebrate our 40th anniversary later this year. As long as we're still married. I'm still not moving to FL. I told him today that if he still wants to move to FL we can get divorced and split everything right down the middle. He can go to FL and I'll move back to OH. He never answered. Maybe he's thinking this over???:ermm:

started freezing here today, the first time since 5 weeks.. we used to have spring temps in between, all the flowers already sprouted, I hope that won't do anything to them.
And it is foggy and grey, the right german term would be "usselig"...

We have had a little snow the past couple nights, now we are headed back to single digit temps for the next 10 DAYS! I'm glad I'm retired and have nowhere I have to be. I do need to make a grocery store run, though. I'm out of kale.

Like Carol, we're on our last day of relatively moderate temps, then down into the teens during the day/single digits until the weekend. Thinking this week will be seeing lots of soupl!

tinlizzy, ALL those things make me crabby. Since I'm naturally crabby I don't need my personality disorder enhanced! :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom