What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't up in arms...I'm just hanging out under a blanket.:LOL:

24°F, feels like 4°F. The easterly winds have begun and they are always cold, howling out of Hellgate Canyon. 17 mph this morning.

Crazy as it sounds, I have heard of Hellgate Canyon. Don't ask me where or why. :angel:

At 2:30 am it rained for an hour, then we got 2" of snow on top of that. It made fo very slippery conditions on the way to work this morning. Traffic was only moving 40 mph on the interstates. It's 20F now. Temp.'s will be dropping by this evening.

We got to mid 30's today, but with a wind that cut right through, along with snow, so it felt about like when we were below 0°F. It's 23 now.

We have 31ºF right now. We're expecting 44 and mostly sunny tomorrow, so the rest of the snow should melt away. Here's our backyard today. Btw, that tree in the middle is my bay tree.

ForumRunner_20140130_201445.jpg

Last edited:
What a pretty backyard! I love that little shed. :)

Almost 9:30 here, 53F and windy. High wind advisories through the night, supposed to gust up to 50mph. Ugh.

Seriously weird. I know this area is noted for its damp climate but this is ridiculous. Yesterday rained cats and dogs all day and blew a gale. This morning there is a balmy breeze and sunny blue skies.

I went outside earlier on and noticed the there are strawberries on the self-set wild strawberry plants round the front steps!!!

There's only been one morning this winter when I've had to scrape frost off the car windscreen and the only snow I've seen was a half-hearted attempt at sleet on Friday afternoon.

The news the other day was full of the weather chaos in Atlanta. Poor inhabitants. At least if you are used to harsh weather you can be ready for it.

Finally got the car heater sorted out last Wednesday.

What a pretty backyard! I love that little shed. :)

Almost 9:30 here, 53F and windy. High wind advisories through the night, supposed to gust up to 50mph. Ugh.
As a foreigner I always think of California as the sunshine state (lower case - I know it's really the nickname for Florida) so is the song lyric true - "Hate California, it's cold and it's damp"?

Yesterday's rain is being replaced by this morning's snow flakes. 32F. It's so nice to have warmer temps again.

As a foreigner I always think of California as the sunshine state (lower case - I know it's really the nickname for Florida) so is the song lyric true - "Hate California, it's cold and it's damp"?

The funny thing is California is so big, they probably have a dozen or more climates, but somehow southern California's is the stereotype for the whole state. Much of the coast is cold and windy; San Francisco is freezing in the summer; my dad lives in the Sierra Nevada Mountains where they typically get many feet of snow in the winter. It's a crazy place.

It's 55 and sunny here. I'm going to go sit on the porch.

We have the warmer weather too. It's -1°C (30°F). We had a good snowfall last night. I checked the Environment Canada website and they claim we got 12 mm (1/2 inch) of snow. :huh:

Snow is usually measured in cm, not mm. I think it's an oopsy. It sure looks a lot more like 12 cm (5") of snow.

A light dusting of snow last night makes the 12°F day look so fresh and purdy. Until I go outside. Brrrr.

Woke up to sun this morning, but now it's drizzling outside. Just as I was ready to shake the bathroom throw rugs too - figures.

Also saw that ol' Phil saw his shadow. Big deal. I know the real Groundhog Speak: 1) If he sees his shadow he gets scared back into his burrow for six weeks and sleeps. 2) If he doesn't see his shadow he thinks it's still night and goes back into his burrow for six weeks to sleep. 3) No matter what any groundhog does on Feb. 2, we get six more weeks of winter. :LOL:

I don't care what Phil sees. I wish we would only have six more weeks of winter.
Seems we are always in the 8-10 range no matter.

Woke up to sun this morning, but now it's drizzling outside. Just as I was ready to shake the bathroom throw rugs too - figures.

Also saw that ol' Phil saw his shadow. Big deal. I know the real Groundhog Speak: 1) If he sees his shadow he gets scared back into his burrow for six weeks and sleeps. 2) If he doesn't see his shadow he thinks it's still night and goes back into his burrow for six weeks to sleep. 3) No matter what any groundhog does on Feb. 2, we get six more weeks of winter. :LOL:
Here we're happy if he sees his shadow. Only six more weeks of winter. w00t! :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom