What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're at -13°C (9°F) and it was sunny and really bright here. It was a real PITA for me, 'cause I went to the ophthalmologist and got those pupil dilating eye drops. This time I knew they were going to put them, so I took a cab there and home. I really had to squint while I was outside, and it was still too bright.

It was quite warm today, first it was raining on top of the snow when I left this morning, had a huge patch of wet ice at the top of the outside steps. It was 42°F when I was coming home, so things are melting just in time for it to refreeze tonight.

It's 17 degrees right now. We are supposed to be getting snow over the weekend, but not a big accumulation. What they call nuisance snow. This has been a colder winter than I can remember in a long, long time. I don't mind it much because being retired, I don't have to go anywhere. Usually we have a couple cold days followed by several warm days, then repeat. This year we have had day after day of cold readings and very few warmer days. This will make me appreciate spring all the more. It's just around the corner, ya know?

Last edited:
It's 17 degrees right now. We are supposed to be getting snow over the weekend, but not a big accumulation. What they call nuisance snow. This has been a colder winter than I can remember in a long, long time. I don't mind it much because being retired, I don't have to go anywhere. Usually we have a couple cold days followed by several warm days, then repeat. This year we have had day after day of cold readings and very few warmer days. This will make me appreciate spring all the more. It's just around the corner, ya know?

No, No...say it isn't so!!!:ohmy::ermm:

We're gearing up for a really messy couple of days, UGH!!!

Just in case anyone missed it, I really hate winter!

I just hope that we don't lose power and if we do, that it isn't for long.

I'm not looking forward to the drive home, that could be tricky. Luckily schools have been cancelled today and many employers will likely let people go home early, so by the time I have to drive home, there shouldn't be too many people on the roads, at least that's my hope! Of course working in retail, they likely won't close early, got to make every last dime!

I am in the upstate of SC. They are predicting a very good snow here for tomorrow and Weds. We rarely get snow of any significance. So it s big deal. My area is predicting upwards of 10 inches or more. This will cripple this area for days to come.

We have not had any significant snowfall since 2011. The last blizzard was in 20 years ago and we got over 14 inches.
The setup is exactly the same and they calling for the same amount of snow. I sure hope its a repeat!

I hope all is well. The worst part of a major storm like that is power outages. Sometimes they don't get them fixed for days. I have another internet friend who lives in SC but I'm not sure what part. She is also hunkering down for the storm.

Carol, I grew up in Pittsburgh years ago, and we had some epic snow storms. But we had few snow days that I can recall. In order for us to have a snow day, the snow had to be measured in "feet", not inches.

Yes, it seems that we used to get a lot more snow than we do now. I was still in Philadelphia for the big snow of 1950. I vaguely remember it. My mother was shoveling snow and she told me to stay on the porch. I didn't obey, and ended up in a snow pile way over my head!

There were some more rural communities near us who had school busses and often had snow days. Busses getting through seems to be the criteria.

I kept telling myself if only it would get out of the twenties, I would be so happy. Well, I got my wish. Today's temp is 10ºF.

How come I am not happy? :angel:

I want to know who gave her the blow torch...

When my Atlanta girlfriend was going through menopause, we would be talking on the phone. All of a sudden I would hear, "Wait a minute!" I knew exactly what was happening. I never went through menopause. When I had the hysterectomy, they left me with one ovary. Bless their hearts. I used to get a pimple right in the middle of my chin every month. I knew that the one ovary was ovulating. One day I noticed that I hadn't had that pimple for several months. That was my menopause.

If it helps any, you have my complete sympathy. :wacko: First we go through the pangs of childbirth then the trials and tribulations of menopause. Nothing is any fun anymore. :angel:

Some of the members here are from the South U.S. We may not hear from them for a while.
CNN says:

"More than 93,000 customers from Alabama to North Carolina are without power in the Southeast, power companies tell CNN. Most of the outages are in metro Atlanta."

"The storm dropping ice and snow in the South is expected to strengthen as it moves up the Eastern Seaboard, the National Weather Service says. Forecasters say it will affect areas across the mid-Atlantic and Northeast. More than 1 inch of ice may accumulate fro

Some of the members here are from the South U.S. We may not hear from them for a while.
CNN says:

"More than 93,000 customers from Alabama to North Carolina are without power in the Southeast, power companies tell CNN. Most of the outages are in metro Atlanta."

"The storm dropping ice and snow in the South is expected to strengthen as it moves up the Eastern Seaboard, the National Weather Service says. Forecasters say it will affect areas across the mid-Atlantic and Northeast. More than 1 inch of ice may accumulate fro

So what does the rest say?

This does not sound good for bakechef or Cat. Stay safe the both of you and any others that will be affected.

We are very fortunate as the majority of our wires are underground. So outages in the Boston area are rare. I am so glad I have made no medical appointments for this month. I have two that I need to make. One for cardio and that creepy surgeon's office that wants to take out my gall bladder. Right now I am feeling good, so I will put it all off until March rolls around. :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom