What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was supposed to bring in firewood today but decided to wait til Sat. Although not terribly cold - the wind is nasty and my wood is exposed to it ergo me exposed too while I'm loading it onto the tractor. Brrrr... think I will survive with what is inside til Sat...... I hope!
That prediction was for the Saturday after this one. And, now they're predicting high of -1°C. But, for me at least, and you probably aren't far off, -2°C for this coming Saturday, a one day reprieve and then back to regularly scheduled winter weather.

That prediction was for the Saturday after this one. And, now they're predicting high of -1°C. But, for me at least, and you probably aren't far off, -2°C for this coming Saturday, a one day reprieve and then back to regularly scheduled winter weather.

DH was a weatherman in the Navy and taught metereology and has a couple of Navy buddies on Fb who do very accurate forecasts. They all agree you can't make an accurate forecast for more than 4-5 days out.

We have 45F now. It's supposed to go down to 22F tonight with a high of 32F tomorrow. Brrr!

Btw, we do have four seasons here; they're just warmer than up north. We can do without weeks and weeks of snow on the ground, though! :LOL:

Here in southern England I can report that.... we are still sinking. :(

But not as fast as before. :)

In between the torrential rain there have been sunny intervals. (It still rains every day however so groundwater levels are not reducing much.)

Sad to say, there are people in town who were evacuated 4 weeks ago who are still unable to return to their homes. Tankers have been there every day pumping out water, but the groundwater levels just fill up what they take away immediately.

But, according to the news, California is in for a severe drenching after a drought.

Weather eh? :ermm:

It has warmed up to -4F since a couple hours ago. The sun is blazing and that's a good thing. No wind either. If the sun wasn't out and it was windy it would be miserable.

Almost a foot of snow and now it's blowing and drifting. 22F, but with Windchill, 0F, 20 mph winds with gusts up to 40. First school closures are happening, they announced them last night. Of course, I still have to go to work.

The weather will definitely hurt my business today but my mood is so elevated today. It's raining here, heavy at times. It's been at least a couple of years since it's rained like this and I love it. We're execpting this storm to stick around til Sat morning......Nice!

16F, with windchill -6 and 21 mph winds with gusts to 50 mph. I got sent home as non-essential personnel. Surprised me, they could always keep me around to fill in if someone can;t get to work. As it is, where I had to park the car, I may not be able to get out. The snowdrifts are close to 5'.

Almost a foot of snow and now it's blowing and drifting......

...As it is, where I had to park the car, I may not be able to get out. The snowdrifts are close to 5'.

See, this is what happens when you keep wishing for snow. ;) Just think of the snowpack that's building up in the mountains.

No snow here but bitter cold again. Not zero...yet. But our high today was over 20 degrees below the day's average. I want a heat wave...temperatures in the 40s!

6a00d8341d417153ef01287669683a970c-pi

See, this is what happens when you keep wishing for snow. ;) Just think of the snowpack that's building up in the mountains.

No snow here but bitter cold again. Not zero...yet. But our high today was over 20 degrees below the day's average. I want a heat wave...temperatures in the 40s!

6a00d8341d417153ef01287669683a970c-pi

LOL!!!

Shrek just wandered in from checking the mail, covered in snow. He had been out for long enough I was thinking I would have to get dressed again and go search for him. He fell in the snow and couldn't get back up. I got his hands into cold water, they were bright red and cold as ice. No frostbite, thank goodness. No more going out for him until they clear the walks.

Shrek just wandered in from checking the mail, covered in snow.....He fell in the snow and couldn't get back up.....
Why was that boy NOT wearing his Yaxtrax? *said with arms crossed while tapping foot* He needs to be grounded until you have bare ground.

Glad he's OK though. Did he learn his lesson? :huh: Men...they can't be taught. :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom