What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
img_1348379_0_22f914d144c522a5bf70eaaba6317f0f.jpg

:LOL:

The dog is wearing its thinking cat.

We are to have a high of 70°F today. Then temps are to plunge into the freezing range tomorrow with 3-4" of the white stuff along with sleet. That is really unusual for this area. I know you Canadians are probably laughing at us here in the South but this is not March weather for here.

We are to have a high of 70°F today. Then temps are to plunge into the freezing range tomorrow with 3-4" of the white stuff along with sleet. That is really unusual for this area. I know you Canadians are probably laughing at us here in the South but this is not March weather for here.
img_1348407_0_007dd0571ebac6b91a37ae01aa821463.gif

All kidding aside, I do understand that snow and freezing weather is really hard when you aren't prepared for it the way we are. Heck, every year when it starts to snow here, there are people who have forgotten how to drive on snow. We often hear about people who give up and leave their cars in the middle of the road.

It is currently between rain and snow. The snow is on the ground and the rain is in the clouds just waiting for an entrance. This means what we have on the roads is slush. Please rain, come and wash it all away.

We have a breezy 9°F, with about 5 new inches of the white stuff here along the river.

The Missoula Search and Rescue went from the avalanche site to the local ski area to find two missing skiers who had decided to head off into the wilderness. MS&R were already cold and tired from the avalanche.

If found alive, I certainly hope the they are charged for the costs. Have only gotten as far as this post, so don't know if there is more to this story. One of my best friends daughter is an avalanche ski patroler in BC. The stupidity of some people is just beyond comment. Should they be killed, too bad, so sad, but I don't feel sorry for them, only the ones they left behind because of their egotistical thoughtlessness.

If found alive, I certainly hope the they are charged for the costs. Have only gotten as far as this post, so don't know if there is more to this story. One of my best friends daughter is an avalanche ski patroler in BC. The stupidity of some people is just beyond comment. Should they be killed, too bad, so sad, but I don't feel sorry for them, only the ones they left behind because of their egotistical thoughtlessness.

Yes, the skiers spent the night in the cold, but they were fine.

I feel the same way, anyone who goes off into uncharted country have assumed ALL responsibility for their safety and should have to pay for the rescue.

I feel the same way, anyone who goes off into uncharted country have assumed ALL responsibility for their safety and should have to pay for the rescue.

Ain't gonna happen :mad: but I think it should.
Read the Darwin Awards.

Darwin Awards. Homo sapiens decline; Neo Sapiens rise! February 2013

Or "Just Call Saul" :)

Segue follows:

Of note: "There were 30,516 attorneys registered with the Japan Bar Association as of March 2011. That would be approximately one lawyer for every 4,119 people. By comparison the American Bar Association claimed over 1.2 million active attorneys in the United States. That would be roughly one lawyer for every 250 people."

Too many lawyers in Japan, says Ministry of Internal Affairs | Majirox News

Wiki states: "Due to cultural traditions, Japanese have rarely used lawsuits as a means to settle disputes"

Princess, Don't know if I posted this somewhere else but during the holidays we had a very very warm spell. The snow was super soft. I went out around 10pm to round up the geese. I even put on my snow shoes. The snow was too soft and I still tripped and fell.

One snow shoe and boot came off. My jacket was very warm but I had on light pants. Pants were soaked, sock was soaked, could not bend properly to get my boot back on. Kept sinking in the snow and could not get up.

Laid there for awhile, laughed, then cried, then got angry and said, "Well, warm enough I'll survive til morning (hope) but ...." Didn't want to spend the night there! Finally started to roll, roll, roll til I reached ground that would allow me to get up.

Dragged my boot with me but the snow shoe stayed til the snow was hard enough for me to walk on again.

Final line is .... if the geese don't go into the shelter on the first attempt of no more than 10 feet out, well .... again may favourite saying... too bad, so sad, the coyotes will just get another one! I love my geese :ermm: - but love me (at least my kids do) more:rolleyes:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom