What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep your cell phone with you.

I lived on a ranch that wasn't too far from a large city but----- because of the terrain there was NO cell phone coverage. Too bad because I was very sick and weak at the time and when I was left alone on the ranch for days on end I had to be very careful where I put my feet! :)

But your advice is good for the bulk of people.

It's another cold day. We have all been complaining about how cold this winter has been. A few days ago I heard one weatherman report that we are having the 54th coldest winter. Most of the colder ones he showed on TV were from more than 50 years ago. I guess we're just getting soft.

54 out of how many? ;)

It's up to 5F now. And it does feel warmer than when it was 1F.

The woman who was caught in the avalanche has died from her injuries. We are still on avalanche watch and it has been raining in top of all the snow all day.

I fell this morning in a parking lot, packed snow on top of ice. Have jammed my right hand, arm and knee pretty fierce, but ibuprofen took care of it for the day until just about now. Be back after I medicate top ouches.

The woman who was caught in the avalanche has died from her injuries. We are still on avalanche watch and it has been raining in top of all the snow all day.

I fell this morning in a parking lot, packed snow on top of ice. Have jammed my right hand, arm and knee pretty fierce, but ibuprofen took care of it for the day until just about now. Be back after I medicate top ouches.
(((Gentle hugs))) I hope it's just bruises and nothing worse.

Just hurting, but it was a bloodless battle. I was able to work all day, albeit, looking for my favorite therapist and she never came in today. I'll catch her tomorrow to look at my arm if it's still hurting.

Thank you ladies!!

The thing about falling down is... how long were you down before you bounced back up? :)
Hang in there. Winter will be over soon, even though I know you love it.

The thing about falling down is... how long were you down before you bounced back up? :)
Hang in there. Winter will be over soon, even though I know you love it.

True, if I had fallen and stayed down that would have been different. If I'd fallen on my butt I would have bounced back up, no problem.

I do love winter, I think I'll dig the trekking poles out. Shrek is still upset about falling and wouldn't go outside today.

I was going to complain, but since I read about your status, Picanis, I think I'll just suck it up. Spring will be here; my crocus and a few daffidils are beginning to stick their noses out, regardless of the weather.

Hi Princess, when you see your favourite therapist, ask her about your rotator cuffs.

I fell like you and jambed both my arms... but the pain came on gradual. It wasn't until months later and then finally after more than a year of different therapies had MRI's done on both shoulders.... everything is ripped to pieces in there. Still have limited movement which is easily be aggravated by, you got it, ta da!!! Snow Shoveling! and vacuuming.

btw, I always used to love winter and still do but have to admit the last couple of years I become easily annoyed with it. Would rather shovel snow than sand bagging thou!!!

Thanks Dragon, I'll ask specifically about my rotator cuffs. May be hard to determine without an x-ray or MRI since at baseline I has osteoarthritis in my shoulders.

True, if I had fallen and stayed down that would have been different. If I'd fallen on my butt I would have bounced back up, no problem.

I do love winter, I think I'll dig the trekking poles out. Shrek is still upset about falling and wouldn't go outside today.

I was going to suggest something like that---- I hope both of you use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom