What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 79F right now and it's supposed to reach 95 today. I'll need to water the vegetable garden this afternoon. Tropical Storm Arthur may brush us Friday. There are already hurricane watches for the North Carolina coast.

Last edited:
In true western Kentucky weather, we began the day with choking humidity and high temps. It was about 80F when I looked at the thermometer at 7 a.m. Gonna warm up when the sun makes its appearance. By noon it was near 100F. Storm clouds began to form and, at about 7 p.m., we had a whizzer of a storm. Lots of high winds and torrential-like rain. Blew baskets off the porch eaves and toppled container plants.

After it was all said and done, we'd had some sort of serious storm. Lots of trees down in the region and damage. This is only the beginning of July. We don't usually see these types of weather events until August.

Me thinks Mother Nature is having a hissy fit!!
Glad we're not farmers. But...all of you out there should thank our farmers. They're having a devil of a time trying to feed us. I see it all around us because we live in the heartland of our country and it's not pretty right now.

I think her hormones have gone amok! She must be going through menopause. :angel:

A rare day here in nc, 84 degrees with a breeze in July! Sitting on my deck under the umbrella just enjoying the weather before the friends show up for dinner. Not often we can enjoy the outdoors in the summer during the day without sweating!

Sent from my XT1080 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

We have had the most beautiful 4th of July weather that Pittsburgh has had in years. Sunny and warm, breezy, low humidity, temps in high 70's to low 80s. We have not had our air condition running at all and we're very comfortable. Next week the temps are rising, and the clouds and rain are moving in.

102F here now, and the humidity is up at 17%. :ohmy: That's high for here. It looked like we might get some thunderstorms here last night, but as usual, it passed us by. *sigh* :(

102F here now, and the humidity is up at 17%. :ohmy: That's high for here. It looked like we might get some thunderstorms here last night, but as usual, it passed us by. *sigh* :(
17% humidity is high for where you live! Wow. Ours is at 69% and that's common here.

17% humidity is high for where you live! Wow. Ours is at 69% and that's common here.

I know Taxy....LOL, that's so low compared to so many of you. I visited Missouri in August one year and literally thought I was going to melt into a puddle. :ohmy::LOL:

I know Taxy....LOL, that's so low compared to so many of you. I visited Missouri in August one year and literally thought I was going to melt into a puddle. :ohmy::LOL:
I remember back when I lived in a dorm at UCLA. The temperature was over 100°F. A girl from New York City wouldn't believe us at first. She thought it felt like 80°F.

In the winter I keep a large pot of water on the back burner on the lowest setting. It increases the humidity without having to push up the thermostat. Because of the humidity, it feels much warmer in the apartment. I know, I don't have to pay for my heat. But why be wasteful if I don't have to be. :angel:

In the winter I keep a large pot of water on the back burner on the lowest setting. It increases the humidity without having to push up the thermostat. Because of the humidity, it feels much warmer in the apartment. I know, I don't have to pay for my heat. But why be wasteful if I don't have to be. :angel:

Are your windows still open with the a/c on?

Are your windows still open with the a/c on?

Yeah. But I haven't been running the A/C. I am on two blood thinners and feel very comfortable if the temp in my apartment is 80ºF. For others, I have a floor fan. I let it blow on them and not me. I am not too fond of the A/C.

It's about 88 outside right now and it's 79 in the house right now. We have a brick house and it takes soo long to cool the house.

On to good news - Mom's home from the hospital and sleeping comfortably in her own bed. :)

Teddy is terrified of thunder. Last night during the storm he came up on my bed and went under the blanket and then cuddled up right next to me. He kept nudging my arm. I finally figured out that he want me to hold him. So I pulled him right next to me and held him for dear life. He was shaking so bad. The storm passed over, no more thunder. But he continued to shake and wouldn't leave my side. When it came time for him to go home, he refused to come out from under the blanket. But the shaking had slowed down. I felt so bad for him. Spike had a terrible time trying to get his leash on. Teddy kept nipping at his hand trying to stop him and I still had my arm around him. So I finally pulled the blanket back and let him go. Her gave me a look of "How could you betray me like that?" Teddy refused to jump down from my bed, so Spike had to pick him up.

I just heard some thunder in the distance. I can't help but wonder how Teddy is doing. Our temp is 77ºF. and the wind is picking up. Looks like another storm is on the way. :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom