What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay Cheryl! Rain is good as long as it's not too much.

I've been wondering if Addie had her hair ruffled this morning. Seems like she is situated just a bit away from the path of the tornado that blew through the Boston area this morning. Meanwhile, we've had some cloudy skies out our way, a thread of rain but no liquid, and some sun and puffy clouds. Just waiting for the rest of the front to move through so our humidity drops. The next couple of days promise to be open-window weather

I can see the Chelsea Bridge from my window. It crosses the Chelsea Creek. And I am just two roadways from that. The tornado was first spotted right next to the bridge. Had it gone right, it would have hit my building. But it went the opposite direction. It hopped over the bridge and went across the highway that runs right next to my building. Route 1A. It hopped around at an angle and after it left 1A, it went to Broadway in Revere. It was only formed for four minutes, but did a lot of damage in that short time. This building was blessed this time. This is the first tornado that has ever been seen in Suffolk County or recorded. What is really scary is that I am surrounded by oil farms. You know, those great big tanks that they store oil in. These farms provide oil for all of New England. Had just one of those tanks got picked up even half full, If the tornado had been an EF4 or 5, and picked up one of those tanks, which they are quite capable of doing, I wouldn't be sitting here right now. I would be looking down at you from above. Really scary to think about.

Other than that good news, it is nice and cool out and will be so for a couple of days. :angel:

Last edited:
Addie, who knew you could change the direction of the wind! Seriously, I was glad to see no one was hurt or killed by those tornadoes. Central MA wasn't as lucky when that 37-mile tornado tore through. I drive through one of those scarred areas every time I head to Sturbridge. So sad...

I'm...dying...of...heat.....
PF, I wish I could share some of our cool weather. It's a lovely upper-50s night. I was actually considering pulling a pair of sweatpants out of the closet. :LOL:

It's almost 6 am and I already have the ac going. The brick walls really hold the heat. I think it's supposed to be over 90F again today.

We are in Beckley, WV, on our way home, and it is 50 freaking degrees outside. I am FREEZING to death. Did not pack for this weather. Can't wait to get out of the mountains.

Addie, who knew you could change the direction of the wind! Seriously, I was glad to see no one was hurt or killed by those tornadoes. Central MA wasn't as lucky when that 37-mile tornado tore through. I drive through one of those scarred areas every time I head to Sturbridge. So sad...

PF, I wish I could share some of our cool weather. It's a lovely upper-50s night. I was actually considering pulling a pair of sweatpants out of the closet. :LOL:

I remember that tornado very well. It was almost as bad as the one in Worcester when I was a kid. That one was my first introduction to tornadoes. I will never look at the bridge again without remembering this week. :angel:

I remember that tornado very well. It was almost as bad as the one in Worcester when I was a kid. That one was my first introduction to tornadoes. I will never look at the bridge again without remembering this week. :angel:
I didn't realise that you got tornadoes all over the USA. I thought you just got them in the central area. There was a programme on the radio the other day about tornado chasers and they seem to be mainly in Oklahoma (and, of course, Kansas - I've seen the "Wizard of Oz" ;)).

I didn't realise that you got tornadoes all over the USA. I thought you just got them in the central area. There was a programme on the radio the other day about tornado chasers and they seem to be mainly in Oklahoma (and, of course, Kansas - I've seen the "Wizard of Oz" ;)).

The weather has been strange all over the globe. Tornadoes are fairly new to the eastern part of the US and not planned for in building structures.

:ohmy: Nice, princess and dawg! I'm jealous. :LOL:

108F here right now, but there is a slight breeze and the humidity is only at 7%, so it's not too bad. Inside it's nice and cool. Looking forward to fall, as usual this time of year. :)

The weather has been strange all over the globe. Tornadoes are fairly new to the eastern part of the US and not planned for in building structures.

Wherever there are severe thunderstorms, you can get a tornado. It is the thunderclouds that bring on the tornadoes. And we have been having some really serious thunderstorms lately. We often have tornadoe watches. It depends on how dark the sky gets. The blacker the sky, the more danger of a big one coming your way. And our sky got black really fast. :angel:

We had a cool rainey week in southern Mo. Back in South Dakota with 82F, predictions for a rainey week ahead

It was a beautiful and sunny upper 80's F until 4 pm, and then it got really cloudy. Around 6:30 pm the skies opened up, and it poured. It's done now. Love me a good thunderstorm, even if it knocks out the satellite TV!

Dawg, Send some rain our way please! Hot & dry here 80's.

Wish I could, SB! It's too dark to see how much is in the bird baths, but I won't need to water anything tomorrow. I was wondering if I needed to take Beagle to the basement. DH was on his own in town at a local watering hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom