What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to run out in the patio in my PJ's at 3 am to retract our patio umbrellas. We had sudden ferocious winds and rain overnight. Good soaking all around.... I loved it.

:LOL: I thought about you last night with all those umbrellas. Good golly man, didn't you watch the weather report about the coming storm? Three am sounds about right as our wind/rain pounding was about midnight.

Yep, it's just so nice to have some weather to talk about. I remember when a new local tv weather man came from the east coast and he was complaining there was nothing to talk about day after day after day. "Sunny, mild and beautiful".:cool:

Last edited:
Yep, it's just so nice to have some weather to talk about. I remember when a new local tv weather man came from the east coast and he was complaining there was nothing to talk about day after day after day. "Sunny, mild and beautiful".:cool:

Sort of sounds like Hawaii. They tack the weather on the very end of sports. Gives it maybe two sentences. Same as today. More sunshine. :angel:

Now I recall. What woke me up prior to the storm reaching us at 3am was my wife's new iphone. It lit up with a loud severe weather alert message. That was around 2:30 am. Half an hour later we were getting pounded. Rock!

Now I recall. What woke me up prior to the storm reaching us at 3am was my wife's new iphone. It lit up with a loud severe weather alert message. That was around 2:30 am. Half an hour later we were getting pounded. Rock!

I have one of those warnings on my computer. And I hear that you folks also had a tornado on top of everything else going on. I guess the next weather problem you haven't had yet is a blizzard. Boy, when you get weather problems, you get the big ones. :angel:

The book I mentioned describes how earthquakes are involved. And I agree 100% about people living on barrier islands, or even at Sandbridge Beach in Virginia Beach. They're ridiculously stubborn, imo, first to stay there and second, to get angry when their insurance rates go up.

I don't know how much this comes up in California, but the federal government is changing the rules and increasing the rates for FEMA flood insurance. Past time, imo.

The powers that be, here in Mass. they are refusing to assist home owners who have built their homes so that their steps bring them right down to the beach and sand. With all the storms we have had these past years, a lot of the beaches have gotten washed away and now the homes and cottages are on the beach. A lot closer than a lot of them want to be. So now they want these little towns and the state to build barrier walls to protect their property. Those folks are telling the home owners, "Sorry, you knew what you were buying into." The town of Winthrop is spending an awful lot of money trucking truck load of sand day after day to replace what has been washed away over the years. None of it will benefit any of the homes. Only those people that go to the beach in the summer. There are Jersey Barriers down the middle of the road. The do help hold back most of the water when the waves wash over the beach wall. But not all of it.

I would hate to be paying their insurance rates right now. :angel:

Enough said:

Attachments

• December_17.jpg
    December_17.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 152
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom