What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now our temp is 47ºF. It is supposed to heat up to the upper 80's. I can live with that. I have to go to a First Communion party this afternoon for my great grandson. I am not looking forward to it. But it will be the only chance I get to see some of the grandchildren. They all live a little too far away. So they are holding the dinner party down this end for the family they never get to see. :angel:

The older I get, the harder it is for me to tolerate the heat and humidity. It is 27C with the humidex, it is 33. The lads are coming out around 1. We are going to have the oven on. When they came out in the winter, they had to "dress" for my cold house. Now they have to dress for the heat. Not complaining, I prefer running the A/C over the furnace/wood stove.

Yeah, summer seems to have arrived. A friend put it this way, "It seems that around these parts, Spring is that quiet guy who politely waits for Winter to finish talking before opening his mouth, only to be rudely interrupted by Summer."

I just made the best potato salad for tomorrow's Mothers Day BBQ. Does anyone have a good deviled egg recipe? I usually use mayo, pickles, onions, celery and of course the yolks and a little bit of mustard. One of my girlfriends made some with horseradish and they were very good!

I just made the best potato salad for tomorrow's Mothers Day BBQ. Does anyone have a good deviled egg recipe? I usually use mayo, pickles, onions, celery and of course the yolks and a little bit of mustard. One of my girlfriends made some with horseradish and they were very good!

So is that girlfriend willing to part with the recipe?

I don't know why, but I read this as if you were a male. My first question was going to be, "Do your other girlfriends know of each other?" Or "How many girlfriends do you have?"

I need to get to the home real quick. Or back on my meds! :angel:

Welcome to DC, Love to Cook California! You will have better luck getting a deviled egg recipe if you ask for help here: Eggs, Cheese & Dairy - Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums DC is a pretty big house with lots of rooms - it will take a while to find the right spot for everything. This thread is for you to brag about your wonderful weather. :cool:

Sunny and 80 right now. WAY too hot for May - we should be in the middle-upper 60s. Didn't I say just a month or so ago that I was afraid we would go from severe winter straight to the hot-hot of summer? Maybe I should bet the ponies.

77F and sunny, and they say a 90% chance of rain this afternoon. I don't see it, but hope the forecast is right!

I just fired up the Weber for that pork shoulder steak I've been wanting to grill for 2 days now. :ermm::LOL:

The rain has slowed to a heavy drizzle, but I'm half expecting tornado sirens this evening.

The rain has slowed to a heavy drizzle, but I'm half expecting tornado sirens this evening.

Every so often I turn the weather channel on. In one report they said that yesterday there were 50+ tornadoes in OK alone. Not all of them touched down long enough to do any damage. And a lot of them were out on the plains. :angel:

IMG_2065.jpg

IMG_2052.jpg

ALOHA!
It's a balmy 82 and sunny, last night was a little chilly though,
got down to 70, BRRR!
I love being back home
a hui hou, until we meet.

k~girl

It looks like the town tornado/bad weather siren is on a tall post in my backyard at the new house, was looking at it on Google Maps. Maybe I will be sleeping in the basement...

Well, it looks like the weather reports were right - thunder, lightening, and pouring down rain here now....yay! Good thing I grilled early today. :ermm: :clap:

Uh oh, princess....you'll be the first to know of any bad weather coming in your area.... :ohmy: :ermm:

No sirens last night! And rain always helps me to sleep better, so I happily greeted an overcast but dry sky this morning.
And thank you for your concern. I do appreciate it. :chef:

It looks like the town tornado/bad weather siren is on a tall post in my backyard at the new house, was looking at it on Google Maps. Maybe I will be sleeping in the basement...

I thought of that when you mentioned moving to WY. I am also concerned for SimonBaker. They are having their problems also this morning.

It might sound selfish of me, but I do wish we had a system where those who at this time of year are in harms way for tornadoes would report in even to say good night or good morning to let us know that they are all right. We folks here in Massachusetts are not immune to tornadoes. We have had a few in years past and know well the damaged they can create. I am one of those folks who do turn into the weather channel specially during storm time. I have too many friends all over the country. And I do worry about them.

I even have a friend who is a year or so older than me. She always tells me that she is in more danger from the Kodiak Bears on the island than from Alaska's weather. On the few times I visited her in the early 70's, I was terrified of those BIG, BIG bears. I refused to leave her porch. I was quite content to gut and prepare the fish for smoking and hanging up in the trees. :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom