What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now you two just cut it out! :LOL:

We do like the snow here. Wish I still had a snowmobile!

Sorry Dawg, I know 99% of you cold weather people know how to cope and do it better than I ever could. It's that 1% who really gets on my nerves with bit-ching "it's never been worse".

No need to apologize, Kay! This has been one of the warmer winters I remember here. Just our second big snowfall this season so far, and everything looks so pretty and clean.

Beagle was able to find and roll in a fresh severed rabbit's paw, and tried to snack on a deer skin yesterday before the snow covered them up. Snow has its advantages.

Last I looked, it was still above zero here. .7 above zero, but I'm looking on the positive side. :LOL: If I'm inside, and I don't have to go outside, and the power is on, I personally don't care how cold it is outside. I can say that this winter since heating oil is running $1.58 a gallon right now. Last year it was up around $4.00 a gallon when we got our big fill. Or one of them, anyway. The second fill late last winter took us into January this year, and we might not need to buy anymore before the daffodils pop up. Mild winters have their advantages, as does low oil costs.

Two things I don't like about our winter here in Wyoming.

1. the WIND
2. the black ice that pops up on my drive home from work...in the dark...uphill...in the snow...both ways...barefoot...

Bright sunshine and the temp is 45º. What a difference from a couple of days ago. Tomorrow is supposed to be the same. I can live with that. The sun will help the snow melt faster along with the above freezing temperature.

Last winter snow over my head. This year temps below freezing in the minus column. Who knows. Maybe next year we will have snow over my head with temps in the minus column. It wouldn't surprise me. :angel:

We had rain, snow, and freezing rain yesterday. There is still some ice on the trees. Today it's -2°C. The crews are out cleaning up the mess on streets and sidewalks.

It's raining, it's pouring. The old man is snoring!

We are in the middle of the worst drought in California history, so what is my little city of Port Hueneme selling? 50 gallon rain water barrels!

Last edited:
Mid 60s and a rainstorm moving in! :w00t: :)

Here to. The wind has kicked up strong enough to force me back inside.
No rain yet. Looks like it's getting ready to any time now.

Wish it would hurry up. Windshields look terrible.

It would be a legal wipe. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL:

So happy for you west coast people getting rain! To paraphrase a Christmas song, "Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain". Now all of you, head outside and start singing!

It was so nice to see bright sunshine this morning. After freezing our butts off a week or so ago, it was nice to have temps in the 50s on Tuesday and 40s on Wednesday. We'll be bouncing a few degrees above or below the average of 40ish for the rest of the week, then maybe playing tag with 50 on the weekend.

...Last winter snow over my head. This year temps below freezing in the minus column. Who knows. Maybe next year we will have snow over my head with temps in the minus column...
Addie, check your posts from a few days ago. It was cold cold a year ago, but you said the snow kept you inside because your scooter can't run through all that snow. Trust me, it was COLD last winter, along with all of the record snow. Even if you didn't go out in it, trust me it WAS cold out there. :LOL:

39°F at 3 am...yesterday was nice, today promises the same. Going to bed now so I can work on cleaning the garage while it's warm.

48°F here along the river. The snow has all but disappeared. It feels a lot colder with the nasty wind though.

The wind has been horrendous all yesterday and it's still howling. Lucky me, I get to sit up tonight and listen to it.

Holy buckets, is it windy! Gusts of 50 mph or more. We're at 58°F here along the river, the sun is shining.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom