What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HOT! Feels like 120, not 102.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 3.46.23 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 3.46.23 PM.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
I like "sultry" for humid, hot weather. I first heard it used that way in the movie, "Throw Mama From the Train".

Years ago, I went to a video rental shop when we lived in Los Angeles - some wag had replaced "Throw Mama From the Train" on the Exercise Shelf.

Sod's bl**dy law!

I put a load of washing on the line in the garden this morning and forgot to bring it in this evening when it would have been dry. Just got out of bed (2.30am) to get a drink and looked out of the window to see that it's raining. Aargh!

We had rain, so it slightly better then it was. I am in the south of Sweden, no forest fire here yet, yes grass fires and they are being put out as soon as they happen. However the major forest fires are up north . So far my family and my daughter ( she is on holiday there) is safe, they are on the coast , it just going to get interesting to get her home again.

I'm in Las Vegas. I worked outside all day. It was 106F. I have one more car to shoot tomorrow, then I catch a flight to NYC. I hope it is cooler up their this week than it was when I was there last week.

At some point, I'll go home to Dallas where it was 108F today.

CD

09.50am - 18degC - humidity 76%

Last night about 8.30pm I went out in the car - temp was showing as 13 degC! A bit of a shock to the system after the hot days and nights we've been having lately.

Rained heavily yesterday & last night. Just shows what can be achieved when the authorities impose a "save water" scheme! Anyone who lived in UK through the summer of 1976 will remember that the appointment of a special "Drought Minister" by the government in the last week of August brought on the heaviest rainfall in September and October in years.

Seriously, though. I was up at the stables the other day and the staff were saying that the boss wasn't going to get another cut on his hay fields so he'll be having to buy in extra hay for the winter and, of course, this hot summer will have bumped up the price.

I expect those of you in Arizona and similar hot, dry places are laughing your socks off at this tale of British weather woe. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry you're going through that drought CakePoet. Is there peat in Scotland, like in Ireland? There's a large peat bog south of us that caught fire a few years ago - it burned for weeks because it's underground and extremely difficult to put out.

Today is the beginning of a week of rain for us. Hot, moist air from the Gulf of Mexico is meeting up with cool air coming down from Canada. This will refill our water barrels and water in the new veggies DH planted in the garden yesterday.
Screenshot_20180721-094319.jpg

What I understood from my mother in law it is the gorse and heather that starts burning.

Half of my family is now cut off from us and they cant get food in to the villages, there is a fire 110 km south of them and that blocking the traffic.

74F woke to a smoke filled room and house. The garage on the alley, two houses down, was in full blaze. Everybody is safe, the garage is a loss.

Wow, that's a scary thing to wake up to! Glad no one was hurt.

I have the kids here watching movies. Fed them breakfast. Fire is out and arson is suspected. Neighbor is running for Sheriff. I had all my windows, front door, deck door open and didn't notice a thing. Not even sure if the neighborhood dogs barked.

Just catching up on this thread. I love your porch GG!!

My thoughts are with your people CP...I know from experience that drought is a horrible thing!!

It would be nice to get some rain here, but it never ever happens in the summer. I might stick my head under the kitchen faucet and pretend.

Actually, today is really nice in the 80's with almost always reasonable humidity.
It's a good day for book reading on the porch.

Just catching up on this thread. I love your porch GG!!
Actually, today is really nice in the 80's with almost always reasonable humidity.
It's a good day for book reading on the porch.

Thank you :flowers:

It's raining lightly right now. Also a good day for book reading on the porch. I have my book club meeting tomorrow and I have more than half of it to go! :ohmy: It's not very interesting, unfortunately, but I'll go whether I finish it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom