What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My pc (where I'm at) is next to a window and the sun just came out briefly. So down went the window. This tree is about 300 yards away. It's not snow, it's ice. Prettier than what my point and shoot lets on.

Attachments

• ice tree.jpg
    ice tree.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 169
Cool photo Pacanis!

It is icky and sticky at the mo here. This morning, it kept on starting to rain and then not really following through, just like a 3-yr old child that isn't getting it's way and then stops when it thinks you are gonna cave, just to start again when it realises you aren't! All you are left with is everyone out of sorts! If my four other cats would come in and join me and the other two, I could stick the a/c on! But I have dragged enough cats in from under the bourganvillea this week to not want to try and do it again however humid!

I second that! We've seen some of that here, two, and it's a spectacular sight when the sun comes out. The trees look like blown glass with studded with diamonds. You really did a good job of capturing that look.

We've had some snow, and are supposed to get a little more, but it look's like it's really going to get intense down where Katie and Buck are. I think they're in for like 10" of blowing snow.

Well, March is definitely coming in like a lion. We were supposed to have had a heavy-duty snowstorm come in during the night last night, preceded by rain. That didn't happen. Lots of high winds during the night. No snow. No rain. Poor school children were sorely disappointed this morning.

However, the storm came in slower, without rain, and it began to snow in earnest about 2 this afternoon, coupled with high winds. It's been snowing and blowing ever since. If it keeps up like this, we'll get a bunch of the white stuff. With the wind it's COLD! Snow is swirling and the tree limbs are waving back and forth almost violently. Kinda scary, really!

We'll see how things play out during the night tonight.

Buck and I are snuggled in our big family room with the wood stove going, so we'll be comfy.

It's a lion outside alright. I think the lion is coming later and later into March. This snow is really sticking. And that ice pulled down a lot of tree limbs before it melted off and got replaced with snow :( At least the power was unaffected.
I think I'm going to get a little woodburner for next year. If only for ambiance. They make things so much cozier when it's snowin' and blowin'.

Here in the Ohio River Valley area, we are under a BLIZZARD WARNING til 4pm on Sat. Right now its snowing, blowing snow and cold. And to think it was 70 here on Monday......

we are holding steady by the fireplace.

woke up to blizzard conditions this a.m. Had to clean the deck off the deck so my dogs could get down the steps.

Last edited:
We got 6" of snow last night, freezing rain right now. They cancelled the senoir ball tonight and reschedualed it for 2 weeks from now. My son will be in California then, so I don't know what his poor girl (just friends) will do!! He did say he would let whom ever take his tux rental as that has been extended.

It's about 22 degrees and snowing on and off. We were supposed to leave for my son's jr. college baseball trip this past Fri. We were going to KY and then TN (Nashville). Well, the KY leg of the trip was cancelled due to weather there. Hopefully, TN will be better. We leave tomorrow.

Well currently it's 36 degrees here in Maine and raining thankfully (better rain than snow), however it is suppose to turn to sleet overnight.

Meant to get to 30C today - blue sky all around. The rain on Friday cooled everything down. The sun doesn't seem to be as hot, there is a breeze blowing. My cats are all spread through the front and back gardens, surrounding the house like a feline moat. Autumn is arriving and it is lovely. As Babe says, a beautiful day!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom