What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard on the news it was the hottest day of play at the TPC and I believe it - at least they get some ocean breezes - here it is 95.

Southern Illinois had a terrible storm this afternoon with tropical storm strength winds. There were a few tornado sightings, but most of damage came straight line winds. There were sustained winds of 60 mph and gusts of 100 mph.
Many roads are closed, including I57, where overturned semi's and trees have the road blocked. Carbondale and Marion are impassable. Many buildings lost their roofs, including a school and a busy restaurant. Some buildings collapsed, especially pole-barn type buildings and mobile homes,and big trees are down everywhere. The ground was already saturated from the heavy rains we've been getting, they just came up by the roots. The damage has been compared to a catagory II hurricane.

Over 70,000 people in Williamson and Franklin counties are without power, including about half of our town (Benton). A friend across town just called to see if they could borrow our generator, as Amerin said it could be a week before they were back online.
Curfews have been set up and they're trying to keep people off the streets so emergency crews can work. The Red Cross will be here in the morning.

Thankfully, we are fine, aside from a few dead limbs that came down.

Wow! Quite a contrast to yesterday. Temp is about 70F. We actually have some sunshine. Haven't seen it in forever. A bit breezy, but I'll take that over tornadoes, hail, lightening and the rest. Lots of clean-up after yesterday's events.

Connie, the late news last night reported that the weather service said what southern Illinois experienced was something called an "inland hurricane." I've never heard the term, but judging by the 100+ mph winds in the Carbondale area, I'm a believer.

I'm ready for some calm, sunny weather.

86 degrees at noon. Very little in the way of ocean breezes. High clouds, but still able to see the beautiful blue sky.

my weather is weather to be cranky in- gray, humid, rain, you can practicallly see humidity. i should go to the venting thread before i go a on tangent. kidding! :)

I can't believe it's mid-May and I turned the heat on at work! It's actually COLD here! 45 degrees F tonight - that's not like our normal temps at all! It's jacket/sweater weather during the day. Of course, Alix would call this bathing suit weather!

It was HOT today!! My car said 93 at 2:00. So it's still warm, and we have a front coming in, so it's humid. Needless to say, it was a very bad hair day.

CRAZY!! storms out the waz - thunder, lightning and torrential rain.
we've been under flash flood warnings all day. I never really knew what
they were - until today. I got caught in one leaving Walmart after the
whole power grid they were on got blown out by a lightning strike.
that was some scary shiggety right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom