"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 01-22-2012, 05:40 PM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire
What I've learned on DC since Jan 2011

When I had questions about keeping chickens, many DCers chimed in. Who would know that I would find chicken keeping so much fun (and my cup of tea)?

The courage to dive in and make sausage.

The insight needed to make stuffed grape leaves (off my bucket list--looking forward to harvesting more grape leaves this year).

Sourdough starter using raw apple and letting it "cook" for five days.

But most importantly, that there are so many really amazing and caring people who also love to spend time in the kitchen, eat, and talk about food. It's been a great first year. Thanks DCers for making this forum so much fun, supportive, and such a resource.

I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:10 PM   #2
Executive Chef
I also joined in Jan of 2011 and it really has been a good year for me here too.
I was listened to right from the start, and had caring people to connect with after the loss of my favorite cooking buddy, my dear mother. Then when I needed help in the kitchen someone was there right away with the answers. I absolutely love all of the stories told including stories about chickens! I have also learned how to smoke meats, and we must NEVER forget what fun it has been since I got my pie maker!

No matter where I serve my guests, it seems they like my kitchen best!
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:56 PM   #3
Head Chef
I've learned that reading CWS Chicken Chronicles is almost as much fun as having chickens - and a lot less trouble.
No matter how simple it seems, it's complicated.
tinlizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:56 AM   #4
I've been here a lot longer than a year, but I learn something new on DC nearly every day. One thing is always true though, no matter WHAT your question is, someone here will have a helpful answer.

So glad you joined CWS and chopper. Its been a fun year. tinlizzie, I'm with you, reading about the chickens is WAY easier than looking after them!
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:59 AM   #5
Executive Chef
I think there is a broad range of people and personalities here who are brought together by their love of cooking and upon revealing more of their personalities, discover that we all have much more in common than we would ever imagine.
Rocklobster is offline   Reply With Quote