What kind of cellphone do you have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daabomb2002

Assistant Cook
What kind of cellphone do you have? I have a panasonic. it has a 1.3MP camera and it does video too. It doesn't do video calls though.

:) I have a pay as you go Trac Fone as where I live it wont work but when Im on the road it works great and I dont hafto pay a monthly bill I just use it a couple months of the year.

I just use two cups and a long string.

j/k.

Tmobile MDA. I also have an ipaq 5451 that has an after-market VoIP surfer I make free calls on when traveling internationally.

We, too, have a TracFone. We're not very communication gadget savvy and feel we only need it when one of the two of us is away from home, which is usually about once a week. Most of the time it sits in the cabinet in the "OFF" setting. We drive our adult tekkie children crazy.:LOL::LOL:

Buck tried to take a picture with it the other day, but it didn't come out because he had the lens cap on. Plus, this one doesn't even take photos. Gotta love technology.

Last edited:
I dont have a cell phone, just a land line. However, my sister just purchased a razor and will be sending her old cell phone to me, and I can just buy a card to use as I need (pay in advance card), because I dont want to be committed to a cell company ever! I would only use it for emergencies should my car break down, or something urgent.

My current phone will go the way of the dodo as soon as the Apple iPhone comes out in June.

I have a Boost Phone, which is also pre-paid. I don't make many calls on it. One $20 card will last me 2 - 3 months. I think I can live with $6.50/month for a cell, and not contract. I can't stand the contract bit.

What is the Apple iphone?

Having really loved Skype and the change its made in our lifestyle to make calls for free, we are looking at the skype style mobiles....not sure how effecive they would be, but would be great to keep talking to my DH when we are in different countries and not have to sit at home by the computer! Looking around at prices looks like two of them would be about the cost of one months international (non skype) calls and texts, so worth it for us...if thy work!

We have a tracphone, also. We use it mostly on trips, very seldom locally. Good to have for possible emergencies, but neither one of us has to be so connected as to have one of those things at our ear constantly.

I have an EnV. Besides calls, I need an easy to navigate and enter calendar and alarm feature. I enter more appointments in my phone than make calls with it. Grocery lists, too. It's supposed to have a good camera, 2.0 mp, but I notice the pics are grainier than with a regular digital camera. Still, it's nice to have a camera handy sometimes.

lulu said:
What is the Apple iphone?

You can check out the Apple iPhone here. It's a combination wi-fi device, cell phone, ipod and PDA all in one. Coming out in June. Cingular/AT&T is supposed to be the carrier. Only a few buttons, all touchscreen technology. Very cool.

What can I say, I'm a gadget geek. :)

Thanks for the link...

as someone who hates having to have gadgets I find keeping up exhausting. So presumably its a normal contract or prepay type deal? Seeing as I already have 2 ipods (neither of which I've ever got to work :() and a camera I just want free or cheap calls. I don't think the iphone is for me!

My family uses Virgin Mobile which is pay as you go. $15 about every 2 months. You pay for each call instead of for a month. It works well for us. For 4 phones I guess it works out to about $25-$30 a month. I have oder kids out driving at night(they must have one) and I drive 45 mins to college 2 nights a week alone and my DH drives 1 hour to teach one night a week. With everyone driving around so much I feel better knowing there is a phone handy for everyone.

I have recently got a mobile for the first time. I think coming into the game so late means that lots of things have passed me by. Now everyone is supposed to know what these phones are about, the instruction booklets are full of jargon which a mobile newby like me has no chance of working out.

So, to be brief, it's a Sony Ericsson something-or-other that is capable of doing far more things than I can! (Mind you, I have worked out that closing the thing terminates the call.)

I don't know what phone I have. All I know is it's a samsung.
And Sprint sucks !!!!!!! My calls get dropped everytime I'm
talking to someone that I want to talk to.

Boy did you hit a sore spot. I've never desired a cell phone, but went to Florida (I live in IL) because my mom was very, very sick. The hospital was a long distance call from my parents' house so I gave in and got a cell phone (the cheapest motorola they sold) and the Cingular "go phone" program. The sales guy talked me into going one up from the fewest minutes I could buy. I told him I'd have very limited use of it once I got home, and was just planning on buying minutes as I need them, when I need them. Gave them my home address and phone #. Now this was the area manager, because the employee who was working the kiosk was brand-new on the job and he was talking her through the sale, so inexperience is no excuse. The phone worked in Daytona and Edgewater, then in Atlanta. I got here and didn't use it for about a month (I still have 2 mos before the minutes expire). THen I needed it while tracking down my lost dog ... and zilch. I called and after two one-hour session on the phone (obviously, my land line) I'm told there is no coverage in Galena. The nearest tower is in Dubuque and it doesn't reach this far. SCREAM. They took my home address, and at no time did they even remotely hint that there wasn't complete nation-wide service. Heck, everyone around here has a cell phone, and isn't AT&T the largest phone service in the country? (insert swear words here)

Hello and welcome to DC. I have a Sprint Cellphone and I am very happy with it. I don't have a long distant carrier on my home phone so I make all my long distant calls on it.

It is made by Samsung and I am really happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom