What kitchen items are best for self-defense?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And the Grand Prize goes to TATTRAT for the Cajun Napalm idea! I would rather have hot oil splashed on me than this stuff! It clings like glue, and you can't get it off quick enough!! Ouch!!

Knifes and scissors will help, I think. Honestly I wouldn't be in my house in that moment.

I was gonna mention Cajun Napalm, but Tat beat me to it.

I have a 14" hollow-ground carving knife at work. Razor sharp (I know, because I tested it the last time I used it, and now half of my left hand is bald). This thing would probably qualify as a short sword.

As to the original question, I wouldn't have had a moment's hesitation about loosing a little bacon on an intruder. Besides, I cook bacon in a cast iron skillet, which makes an impression "traditional blunt instrument", not to mention it would be hot as heck.

Honestly, I think about safety first and foremost when I'm in a kitchen.

I have an immersion blender that has a wicked sharp blade on the business end. Assuming the attacker was male, I think if I parried low to just the right spot, I could have him on his knees in a heartbeat! I think the injury would also make him very identifiable at the ER.

I never ever ever ever ever ever want to make you mad. I will always stay on your happy side. lol. I would personally use an Egg better, the old school ones that you use your hands to spin the blades. That sure could get somethings tied in a knot in a real hurry.

Lets see, if someone were to break into my house i would use a knife or something sharp. I cant guarantee that i would have any hot liquids around.

I would have my 10" chefs knife or my meat cleaver in one hand and my cast iron skillet in my other. The skillet would be a shield as well as a weapon. I think I would do more damage with the 10" chefs knife over the cleaver, but the cleaver might be more intimidating to see.

3" - 6"; Depends on whether you're a slasher or a stabber. If you slaughter your own protein an S&W, Sturm Ruger, etc. should qualify as a 'kitchen item' and keep you more than arms length from any mauraider.

:)Clorox cleanup right in the eyes I did to myself by accident dont ask how and I can assure you it works great:LOL::LOL::LOL:Then hit with a skillet then hog tie with duct tape

Well wow. I go offline for one day and come back to some serious silliness.

IMO, the best kitchen tool for self defense is the phone. Bar none. That and the dog waiting for mess at my feet.

Anything in my hands can become deadly! :LOL: Seriously though, a cast iron skillet in one hand, and a knife with a good handle and a long sharp blade in the other.

Well wow. I go offline for one day and come back to some serious silliness.

IMO, the best kitchen tool for self defense is the phone. Bar none. That and the dog waiting for mess at my feet.
:)Right the phone is great.But what do you do when you are caught off guard in the kitchen,I say pick up the first thing you can get your hands on.

Mine is my Smith & Wesson .357 on the pantry shelf and I won't hesitate to use it.

does anyone wonder if buck has ever complained about dinner? :)

if there's an intruder in my house, he's (or she. ya never know) is gonna get bull rushed and beaten to death with whatever is available.

dead people don't get a day in court.

does anyone wonder if buck has ever complained about dinner? :)

if there's an intruder in my house, he's (or she. ya never know) is gonna get bull rushed and beaten to death with whatever is available.

dead people don't get a day in court.
:)That is quite legal in many states.If an intruder comes in your house you are free to dispatch them its called the Make my day law :)

See, now I need to correct Alton Brown, because my Fire Extinguisher is no longer classified as a "Uni-Tasker" :angel:

John

Back
Top Bottom