What kitchen items are best for self-defense?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For me, if it were a choice between the bacon and my life, I would have thrown the bacon at him. Plus then you'd have something identifiable about him when he went to the emergency room to get treated for grease burns. There'd be no way in he** that he could deny that he'd been in your place when asked how he got the burns.

I have an immersion blender that has a wicked sharp blade on the business end. Assuming the attacker was male, I think if I parried low to just the right spot, I could have him on his knees in a heartbeat! I think the injury would also make him very identifiable at the ER.

Mine is my Smith & Wesson .357 on the pantry shelf and I won't hesitate to use it.
:)Mine is a Berretta 92 FS.I also have a sawed off shot gun next to the gun safe.Of course we have no children in our house.Not to mention the 3 dogs that are the best alarms in the world which I why I sleep safe in case a bear tries to get in an open window in the summer.

If you guys want to be serious then kitchen sheers. Good grip and great for a double eye punch that renders the enemy worthless. Once the eyes are gone, the enemy is done.

You're right Keltin, kitchen shears are a formidable weapon and a favorite of mine. However, another thread you just contributed to has gotten me thinking about hot liquids as a weapon. I think that good pouring skills would come in handy when attempting to thwart an oncoming attacker with hot liquids. Also, no tedious ladling required! lol

You're right Keltin, kitchen shears are a formidable weapon and a favorite of mine. However, another thread you just contributed to has gotten me thinking about hot liquids as a weapon. I think that good pouring skills would come in handy when attempting to thwart an oncoming attacker with hot liquids. Also, no tedious ladling required! lol

I’m with you on that!

But, for a quick dispatch, use an overhand grip on a bird beak paring knife across the eyes. Blind that fool in one slash, then upstroke for a jugular hit. Swish-swish, two moves, and he is done!

An now we can get back to the music and jam while we wait on CSI to gather the body!

I’m with you on that!

But, for a quick dispatch, use an overhand grip on a bird beak paring knife across the eyes. Blind that fool in one slash, then upstroke for a jugular hit. Swish-swish, two moves, and he is done!

An now we can get back to the music and jam while we wait on CSI to gather the body!
True, Keltin, but you are probably a very tall man (and I'm sure dark and handsome). For more petite females, hot liquids might even the playing field a little. Perhaps hot liquids to the eyes?

True, Keltin, but you are probably a very tall man (and I'm sure dark and handsome). For more petite females, hot liquids might even the playing field a little. Perhaps hot liquids to the eyes?

Hot grits or liquids, even oils are VERY dangerous. I keep my distance!!!!

In fact, from what I’ve heard, hot grits are THE thing to make an impression when you decide to “physically train” your mate! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom