"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 05-07-2008, 10:39 AM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
In our house I would have to say the next Transformers movie. I don't know if they even started filming yet but we LOVE that movie here! In the meantime the boys want to see IN Jones because the kid (Shia LeBoef) from Transformers is in it.
DH is excited for the next Narnia, he watched the 1st on cable last weekend. I never got into the books, my brother did. I read all the Little House on the Prairies twice instead.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.....
suziquzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:49 AM   #12
Head Chef
Originally Posted by Saphellae View Post
Are there any movies you are waiting for to come out? How about a movie that you could watch a hundred times and not get tired of?...

So tell me, what are YOUR favorite movies!!!

IM A GEEK!! Sue me :p
S*E*X and the City. Want to know if Big finally marries Carrie. I admit it - I watch the reruns & the re-reruns & they still make me laugh. Will wait till it comes to TV. Haven't been inside a movie theatre in eons. One reason being, I sat in screening rooms for years, as part of my work. Favorite movies, or movies I could watch over & over again -- too many to count. Mostly the old classic B/Ws.

*amy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:50 AM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire
I have to be the odd one. I don't really look forward to any movie coming out. I watch movies all the time, but I can't say I anticipate sequals or anything.
And..... I never saw Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter or the Narnia one.... I started to watch Lord.. and Narnia once, but I just couldn't get interested. Maybe I don't like new movies with kids as the stars.
Well, I probably did 40 years ago
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 01:12 PM   #14
Senior Cook
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Have faith GB. Spielberg didn't get to be a mogul by disregarding the importance of characterization and plot. Indy is an icon and it will be good.
Pairing an established hero with a spunky sidekick rarely works out well, though. I'm glad they're bringing back Karen Allen. Marion was the best of the three "Indy Girls" and really the only one who was fun to watch. I'm incredulous of her importance in the film, however, given how little face time she's receiving in promotions compared to world's Boofiest LeBoof.

I also have some concerns about sci-fi elements in the film replacing the traditional, spiritual elements. Not that Clarke's 3rd Law couldn't apply, it would just seem odd.

Still, I'm sure I'll see it on opening day.
DrThunder88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 01:17 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
I heard there's a NEW James Bond coming out in November. I'm not a huge fan but it's always a fun date night for hubby and I.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. Robert Frost
pdswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 01:31 PM   #16
Head Chef
A new Transformers movie sounds fun :) I'm especially a fan of Bumblebee!! He is so cute.
Saphellae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 01:43 PM   #17
Master Chef
I'm sorry, but I couldn't care less. I will watch the upcoming movies when and if they come on DVD. BUt that is about it. I am exited about my son upcoming graduation from Wharton, about my best friend's son's wedding, about my son Bar Mitzvah, but movies ???? I have better thigs in life to be exited about.
You are what you eat.
CharlieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 01:44 PM   #18
Head Chef
No need to be like that Charlie, if you don't like the thread don't come to post.. you sound like you're saying that we have no lives because we enjoy movies. You have your own hobbies I'm sure.
Saphellae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 01:48 PM   #19
Chief Eating Officer
It is great to be excited about those huge life events Charlie (and Mazel Tov on all accounts ). You should leave room in your life to be excited about little things too. I will not be seeing any of these movies in the theater most likely as we only go maybe once a year now, but that does not mean I won't be excited for them.
You know you can't resist clicking
this link. Your eyes will thank you. VISUAL BLISS
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 02:04 PM   #20
Head Chef
I am a cheapskate and rarely go to see movies too.
But I still get excited sometimes....

Was excited about the last Harry Potter movie.... until I heard they were contemplating
TWO movies for the last book.... pfffffft.

Lord of the Rings... goodness, THOSE were movies! Close enough to the books for me,
although I was looking forward to seeing Tom Bombadil....

Narnia is also a favorite here. If that makes it to the Imax theatre in town, we will go
pay the outrageous $12 to see it on the 40 foot screen! :)

OK, not always too cheap, LOL!

GrillingFool is offline   Reply With Quote