What NOT to Eat for Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Am I the only one not repulsed by that? If you get rigt down to it, all the hot dog loaf is is a poorly-executed forcemeat preperation, like a terrine or a galantine. The only real difference is that you would usually use better ingredients for a terrine, not ground beef and hotdogs. They look much better, of course, but that doesn't mean you couldn't make the "hot dog laof" look better with a little help.

foiegras.jpg

At any rate, I'll bet it tasted great.

i saw a kids cooking program once that showed you how to make " hot dog balls". that is hot dogs were put into a food processor and ground up, then formed into balls much like meatballs. they were rolled in breadcrumbs and fried.

they looked horrible, but i'd still try one if given the chance.

I’d never heard of people putting whole food items into their meatloafs until I saw Emeril's take on an “Over the Top Bacon, Egg and Cheese Meat Loaf”. He put bacon, cheese, and 4 whole boiled eggs (peeled) into the middle of his meatloaf. Each slice had a circular slice of boiled egg in the middle of it. Very bizarre looking.

Recipes : Emeril's Over the Top Bacon, Egg and Cheese Meat Loaf : Food Network

keltin said:
I’d never heard of people putting whole food items into their meatloafs until I saw Emeril's take on an “Over the Top Bacon, Egg and Cheese Meat Loaf”. He put bacon, cheese, and 4 whole boiled eggs (peeled) into the middle of his meatloaf. Each slice had a circular slice of boiled egg in the middle of it. Very bizarre looking.

Recipes : Emeril's Over the Top Bacon, Egg and Cheese Meat Loaf : Food Network

Keltin, funny that you mention it... I've seen recipes with hard boiled eggs placed in the center of a meatloaf. I've never tried it myself. :)

Back
Top Bottom