What On Earth is Wrong With People...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It’s just ridiculous, isn’t it? I can’t begin to imagine why anyone would do that!
I’m glad the judge arranged for the girl to change her name.

There are some really stupid people out there that don't care about the child dealing with the name, just notoriety.

i have a relative that is named Zesty. she hates it, says her parents must have been on drugs. they are kinda strange people.

one thing though people always know who you are talking about and she is a lovely girl..

babe:cool:

I read that the other day. How rediculous.

But then my grandparents named my mom Gertrude, and she hated it all her life. No one in her adult life knew her as anyone but Trudy.

I have an uncommon name, but fortunately, I like it.
It's like having a VW Bug in a parking lot. You can always find it.

My Mom named me thinking I was supposed to be the first woman president...
Boy am I a disappointment..... and glad to be!

When I was pregnant with my last (lego girl) if it was a boy I wanted to name it Samuel Adam...... sorry I just love my beer!

DH said no, and was double thrilled not to deal with me since it was a girl!
I guess I coulda named her Samantha.......

I can't say that I have always been happy with my name, I don't know how in the heck my parents came up with it, but I do know that my middle name, Rodanz was intended to be named after a funeral home in NY some where. I am told that it was called Ordanz, but mom got the first two letters mixed up and came out Rodanz. Roda for short... or worse... Roda-Rooter! But it is not near as bad as some of those listed in that article!!!

...When I was pregnant with my last (lego girl) if it was a boy I wanted to name it Samuel Adam...... sorry I just love my beer!...
But at least Samuel and Adam are not freakish names. And since you probably wouldn't use both names all the time, not that many would make the beer connection.

My mom wanted to name me Trina Marie (or Trina Lynn). I'm glad she didn't get her way, but I sometimes wonder if my personality would have been different if that were my name. Names can have such a profound influence on how your life turns out sometimes. I mentioned in a similar thread a couple years ago about some teachers who were given essays to grade. The first batch had "ordinary" names on them. The second batch (same papers) had very unusual names on them. The ones with ordinary names got higher grades than the others. I'm sure that is one reason that in writing competitions, numbers are used.

:)Barbara

maybe it`s just me, but the last time I checked we were supposed to Love our kids and do what`s best for them.

maybe I just didn`t get the memo?

I agree YT! Some countries tell you what you can name your children (I read about one woman who named her child something that was on the approved list but spelled it differently, and she had to pay a fine every year). I love having the freedom to name my child what I want to, but people who do things like this could someday end up making others lose that freedom. Some people just don't deserve to have children if they can't put their best interests first.

:huh:Barbara

You're right DramaQueen. I guess some people crave attention so much they don't care how they get it.

:huh:Barbara

Back
Top Bottom