What peeves you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
middie said:
kadesma... THOSE ARE THE ONES !!!!!!!
have you been to cleveland ????? lol
NOPE:ROFLMAO: But I have little Cleveland right here in California:LOL:
I think some of the nuts emigrated:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
kadesma

The Z said:
  • Lack of courtesy (especially on the road). When I use my turn signal it is to inform others what I intend to do... It is not a request or a signal for them to close the space that happens to be in front of them. It really frosts my coconuts when people are SO worried that someone else might get in front of them that 'merging courtesy' goes right out the window.
  • Having to sit through a traffic light twice because the person 'on the bubble' is distracted or not paying attention. Sure, they eventually notice the light is green and get themSELVES through.
  • People who are not prepared when it is their turn to pay at the supermarket checkout... They wait until everything is rung up before they start writing their checks or start looking for coins and coupons.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

(mmmmm frosted coconuts..... :-p ) {you nut!!:ROFLMAO: }
Right on Z!!!!

So Texasgirl, it's all got to do with that ribbed texture, whether it be on your skin or on your blue jeans. I've never met anyone with that particular quirk. And no, it's not psychotic - it's original! :)

BC

Yes it's the ribbed thing that gets me.
Hey, I've never been called original.
I've been called a lot of other things though:LOL:

Geez, there's so many...but here's a few:
  • People that stand RIGHT IN FRONT of the elevator doors while waiting. Gee, don't ya think people might be coming out?
  • People the stand right in front of the elevator doors while riding, but don't bother to look around them whenever the elevator stops on a floor to see if anyone behind them needs to get out.
  • People that come to an elevator after you've already been waiting, see that the call button has been pressed, and still press it. Hey dummy, do you think I was just standing there for my health? Or maybe you think I like to stare perspectively at closed elevator doors.
  • People who misprounouce wine names. C'mon dude, if you can't say it, you don't know what the **** you're talking about. Period.
  • People who order their steak well done, then complain that it is dry. No **** it's going to be dry moron. Whenever you order a steak well done in ANY restaurant, we are going to cook the **** out it, because we don't want to hear your whiny *** sending it back, complaining that it's "not cooked through enough".
  • People who don't signal when making a turn. Hey, if I wanted to almost rear end you, then I would like to do so under my own power, not because your lazy *** failed to signal
  • People who switch lanes to get out from behind another car, then match speeds or go slower than that same car in the lane that they just came from. This is especially annoying when they cut into the fast lane and do this. It helps to have a raised truck because when you ride their bumper, all they see is a bumper and a grill in their rear window/mirror. It's even more effective at night because when you flash your high beams, their car gets illuminated like a supernova.
  • People who get in the express line (usually 10 or 8 or less items) with a whole freakin cart of stuff. Then, they get all pissy when the cashier tells them to go in another line. Idiot!
  • People who don't cover their mouth when they sneeze or cough.
  • People who do a week's worth of banking on the ATM, especially when there's a line waiting.
  • People who don't pick up after their pets in public/common areas. Hey, it's not the dog's fault. Shoot the person instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
i dunno, ironchef. i've been through 2 wine tasting courses, and i'm sure i still mispronounce wine names sometimes, but i do know what i'm talking about when i talk wine.:LOL:

- People who park in a handicapped space when they aren't handicapped.
- People who try to pawn off their children on anyone but themselves. These are usually the same parents who hate summer because it means they actually have to be around their own children.
- People who gossip.
- People who cheat.
- People who use a lot of foul language, especially when there are children around.
- People who always play "the victim".

ironchef said:
Geez, there's so many...but here's a few:
  • People that stand RIGHT IN FRONT of the elevator doors while waiting. Gee, don't ya think people might be coming out?
  • People the stand right in front of the elevator doors while riding, but don't bother to look around them whenever the elevator stops on a floor to see if anyone behind them needs to get out.
  • People that come to an elevator after you've already been waiting, see that the call button has been pressed, and still press it. Hey dummy, do you think I was just standing there for my health? Or maybe you think I like to stare perspectively at closed elevator doors.
  • People who get in the express line (usually 10 or 8 or less items) with a whole freakin cart of stuff. Then, they get all pissy when the cashier tells them to go in another line. Idiot!
  • People who don't cover their mouth when they sneeze or cough.
  • People who do a week's worth of banking on the ATM, especially when there's a line waiting.
  • People who don't pick up after their pets in public/common areas. Hey, it's not the dog's fault. Shoot the person instead.

man, these make me crazy as well.... especially the elevator ones. works with subway doors too.

In addition to those inconsiderate individuals on elevators... What about those people who get to the top of the escalator and then stop to have a look around before stepping off. :mad:

Do you know what burns my Butt?

A FLAME ABOUT THREE FEET HIGH !:LOL:
People who don't understand I Love You All !

ironchef said:
...People that come to an elevator after you've already been waiting, see that the call button has been pressed, and still press it...

Next time this happens to you, look at the person with an amazed expression on your face and exclaim sarcastically, "You have to press the button?! Wow, I wish I'd known that 20 minutes ago!"

know what else peeves me? when a telemarketer calls and gets an attitude with me when i say i'm not interested and not to contact me again. it's like, look, little buddy, we'll solve this right now; can i please speak to your supervisor?

Luvs - this works: Thank you so much, and I know you are working really hard, but right now I don't think I need your product, but I appreciate your time and I wish you the best of luck with your job. Have a nice evening.

I say it all the time.

Andy M. said:
Next time this happens to you, look at the person with an amazed expression on your face and exclaim sarcastically, "You have to press the button?! Wow, I wish I'd known that 20 minutes ago!"

roflmao andy :ROFLMAO:

texasgirl said:
Ironchef, whew:huh: you are angry:LOL:

But those people ARE idiots:)

It doesn't help that I also work with a lot of idiots. When I'm outside of work, I try to relax but...I can't. After a couple of beers I'm usually ok though.

Luvs, sometimes the French appellations are hard to pronounce, but I'm sure you never say "Merlot" with the "T" sound, or "Pinot" with the "T" sound either.

Back
Top Bottom