"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-24-2005, 01:19 PM   #61
Chef Extraordinaire

Z, you are unique, just like everyone else...

Old 06-24-2005, 02:24 PM   #62
Master Chef

well one that i had to deal with today was someone popping their gum.....not the big bubble pop but that annoying little snap...snap....snap.....snap. I wanted to go snap her on the back and make her choke on it..... just kidding about the choking.....maybe i'd get lucky and it would go down without any hitch.

-someone driving slow in the passing lane or going the same speed as the people in the slow lane.....hubby has a bad habit of that

-someone reading over my shoulder

thats just a few!

Old 06-25-2005, 12:08 PM   #63
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
Of course everyone is unique. However, some are more unique than others.
Old 06-25-2005, 04:06 PM   #64
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
I used to love telling that to my friends who would suddenly have these revelations that they're so different from everyone else!
Old 06-25-2005, 09:13 PM   #65
Contest Winner

Smile

Even me Buckytom, I am too?

There a guy named Sully looking for you , He said he needs you to get out your Flobee again! He said he will be at the Barber Shop Tonight!
Old 06-26-2005, 03:34 AM   #66
Head Chef

Couple things ~ my biggest pet peeve ever is towards myself that I let little things get under my skin. I'm learning to let it all slide. Slowly. =0) I'm trying to save my energy for better things! (Repeats to self again and again... haha)

Other thing I think is funny is how we spend the first portion of our lives trying so hard to be like everyone else and then we spend the rest of it trying so hard to be unique. It's a strange world we live in.

I am very strongly opposed to feeding our children serious psychotic drugs in hopes that they'll learn to suck up the extreme boredom dished out by our school systems. And feeding them drugs so that they're easier to control. No one knows what the long term effects of those drugs are. But I'm pretty sure it's safe to assume that it won't be pretty. Screwing about with the chemical structure of our brains isn't something to be taken lightly.

Don't force your child to fit into a mold, create a mold where you child fits.

Kudos to you who refuse to be a lemming! and thank the gods that you're there to be a champion for your child. It breaks my heart to think of those who don't have someone like you there to stand up for them.

Z
Old 06-26-2005, 04:48 AM   #67
Executive Chef

I was surprised by all the things that peeves us . I have quite a list, but one that really bothers me is to have someone tell what should be a very short item - only to take so many departures you can't get away from them. I find myself avoiding them or not slowing down to talk at all. Also, those who always know the answer (whether they use it in their own lives or not). We certainly have our share of bad drivers also. The military and good weather brings people from all over and some of them got their drivers' license at the thrift store, and we have our own rednecks who shouldn't be on the roads at all. I hope this doesn't sound like I'm mad.
Old 06-26-2005, 02:02 PM   #68
Executive Chef

Angry

-People who scuff their feet when they walk. like they are too lazy to pick up their feet.
-I'm with you all on the gum snapping and loud eating, not closing their mouths when eating.
-Complaints about drivers are really popular, it's funny, if everyone in the world complained about bad drivers there would still be horrible drivers out there. My dad sure does complain about awful drivers and I have to say, he's probably the worst one on the roads.
-I hate when people constantly yell at their kids. As if their kids will only hear them if they are screaming at the top of their lungs, but the kids just learn to block it out, so the parents yell louder and louder. No patience with their children.
-The way Michael Jackson looks! That guys doesn't even look human anymore!

Goodness, once you get started, it's hard to stop. We all have those little things.
-Brooke
Old 06-26-2005, 02:18 PM   #69
Executive Chef

Just another quick note about bad drivers. My husband always notices when the bathroom is dirty but never when it is clean. We always notice and point them out when we see a "bad driver" but never when we see a good one.

Another thing that drives me nuts...
Impatience!
-Brooke
Old 06-27-2005, 01:10 AM   #70
Head Chef

People who minimize 'differences' by saying that everyone is different (as if that's supposed to solve something).

Well, "Duh", right? Big revelation - - and just so very clever and insightful! As children we're all TOLD that everybody is unique, but we're not always told what to do about those differences.

'COMMON KNOWLEDGE' does not stop people from treating people who think differently as 'wrong' or somehow 'less' than THEY are.

You know - - people get teased or treated differently and then everybody is SHOCKED when a school shooting or some other tragedy happens. Why? Because people (as a whole) so NOT accept or understand the implications of the well-loved axiom that "everybody's different". That rule does not help people accept differences for what they are. Instead, it helps they, themselves, cope with all those people in the world that are not quite as right as they are.