What peeves you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kadesma said:
I haven't entered in to this discussion, but have been reading...Seems to me that you are mom's of beautiful lovely children..One chooses not to give meds, the other does give the meds. Who's right and who's wrong? Neither...You both love your children and seek to do what you feel is best for them. For that you both deserve a big well done! Keep being their mom's and doing what you are doing.. Only YOU have the right..All we can do is support you.
kadesma
having four grown children and 5-1/2 grandchildren, who are what make my heart beat and my breath catch, you will be in my thought.

You said it much more eloquently than I could have. Thanks for the support! And, the funny thing is, I support those that don't do meds, too. As long as the motives are for the best of the child...that's the important issue, right? I hope I get to be a grandmother someday - but not soon!!

The Z said:
I lived in Australia for 11 years (Newcastle area) and think that, while the Aussie gov't has it's share of problems, the U.S. could learn a GREAT deal from the way things are done there - - especially in terms of health care, social programs, school systems and labour laws (loved that leave loading - - still have that?).

Brace yourself Z but our "wonderful" govt. obtains control of the Senate on 1 July. This is a government that has gone out of its way to dessimate the public school system (you should see the funding private schools get - they are trying to force people into this user pays system. I refuse - the right to an education should exist for everyone!! I'd remove my children from school & self-educate them if it came to the crunch). Our public health system (I believe to be one of the finest in the world) & social welfare (one more spurious claim about women having babies to rip the govt off & I'll punch a hole in the wall - do they have any idea how much the little ankle biters COST you - it's a bloody sight more than the pittance that is given out) - both are up against the wall. Our labour laws are the next major victim with the Industrial Relations Commission being made impotent and the job of bargaining left to little individuals & mass corporations. The divide between the haves & have-nots is widening into a gaping chasm!! If Howard has his way our family (& many more like us) will be living beneath the poverty line in the not too distant future while all the while being surrounded by the greed and over-indulgences of others. They called the 80's the ME generation - the decade of greed. How on earth then would they even start to define this decade???
Bring forth the revolution!!!!:cool:

ps8 said:
You said it much more eloquently than I could have. Thanks for the support! And, the funny thing is, I support those that don't do meds, too. As long as the motives are for the best of the child...that's the important issue, right? I hope I get to be a grandmother someday - but not soon!!
Thank you ps8,
Yes, that little child is the only thing that matters. I know, it's hard to raise a child,it's trying when they misbehave, or are ill, or have something happen to them, but, there is that wonderful feeling you get when you look at your child all curled up asleep, the pride you feel with each thing they master..Tehy are our lives. I hope one day you have those grandkids and yes not to soon:) Enjoy your child and then your grandchild..It's a heady, filling feeling.
kadesma

Haven't read thru the posts yet, but here's one of mine.

Never talking to a real person, when calling a big company. Then having to press #1, #2, etc., etc. & finally getting a recording:

"Due to the high volume of calls at this time, please try back again later."

Grrrrrrrrr.

That really bugs me too Mish! And being on hold and hearing ever 15 second how important my call is... year right... I believe them. lol

my BIGGEST peeve has got to be my health insurance company. i'm sure i'm not the only one.
i spend more time appealing and fighting and trying to get coverage for medications than you can shake a stick at. month after month, letters arrive: this benefit has been cut, that benefit has been cut, pre-authorization for this is now necessary, a larger co-pay for that is now necessary....
56.gif
26.gif

pdswife said:
That really bugs me too Mish! And being on hold and hearing ever 15 second how important my call is... year right... I believe them. lol

&, &, &, being on hold 15 minutes & the dumb bunnies disconnect (switch hook) you. Then comes the recording:

"If you'd like to mAke a call, please hang up & dial again."

Back
Top Bottom