What people do for work and play

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah PS is a fun but yet tough program. I took 2 semesters of PS in school. I know basics and some advanced things to do with PS. Never used Illustrator and i have no idea what it is. I have heard of it but never looked into it. Volleyball and canoing are fun.

Well the printers are not custom made. We have a series of different models. some are designed for smaller shops and others for large operations. I can't really get into the pricing of the printers as my boss would have my head if I ever let something like that out, but i can say that they are not cheap. It is a large investment which required a down payment.

The resin prices vary depending on the particular resin you want. we have a number of different kinds. It also depends on which printer you have because so take the small resin cartridges and others take the large. On the low end you are looking at about $500 or so for some resin and on the high end around $1,000.

I do not recall the exact dimensions, but I think the largest object we print is probably somewhere around 2 feet by 2 feet. Pieces can be glued or fastened together though, so if you design your part right then it can be as large as you want.

I did a bit of Googling (is that a word?) and found this Engadget article.

I am so excited that this technology is becoming more affordable and within a few years may reach my price level.

Thanks for the info.

Never used Illustrator and i have no idea what it is.

It's a vector graphics program, much like Corel Draw, that allows for the design of images that can be scaled larger or smaller without a reduction in quality or resolution, and without an increase in file size. I use it a lot in my side biz making vinyl graphics. Do yourself a favor and check it out. Once you've learned how to use it, you'll wonder how you did without. I know I do.

It's a vector graphics program, much like Corel Draw, that allows for the design of images that can be scaled larger or smaller without a reduction in quality or resolution, and without an increase in file size. I use it a lot in my side biz making vinyl graphics. Do yourself a favor and check it out. Once you've learned how to use it, you'll wonder how you did without. I know I do.

dang that sounds cool. my only flaw i have is that i cant draw worth a dang. i can edit photos pretty good and what not but when it comes to drawing on a pc its tough. i can draw on paper but not on a pc. Vector graphics are the ones you draw yourself right. ill go google it and see what i can find out.

Got myself another costume yesterday... I can't get enough costumes. I'm also building a Tusken Raider and have the parts for an Revenge of the Sith clonetrooper on order.

2044926240_af8c107ca2.jpg

2044053915_60a612670b.jpg

2044812884_5e4f5da8aa.jpg

hey guys..
i am a full time student in multimedia and infocomm.got into it by accident and am stuck with it for the next 2 yrs of my life. i will value my knowledge there, but am not sure if i will want to go on with it for the rest of my, my mind just inst up to too much programmings and computer graphics.sighs.....

sitara

Wow, what an eclectic array of professionals we have here!! I am a retired teacher's aide in special education, 9-12 grade. Talk about horomones!! After 13 years of teenagers it is a real blessing to be able to take care of my three grandchildren ages:Tommy 3.5, Benjamin 19mos., and Jasmine 19mos. No they are not twins, my daughters had them 27 hours apart, same hosp., adjoining rooms!! During my free time I read, bake, hunt(white tail deer), go to watch my husband and son race motocross, R.V., garden, go for walks in our woods, feed the birds,...

I'm a kept woman....kept in another country right now! In the past I've worked as a performer,a writer, in property where I had a business retoring ancient buildings to the point they were mortgagable as homes, and as an equine scientist. when my DH irst converted to law I did lots of legal clerking in criminal law to get to speak legalese with him. :) My interests are a fair reflection of my careers and education really: besides homemaking, cooking and gardening I love art, literature and a variety of music, I have one horse at home with whom I'm making forrays into the world of classical dressage (a couple others out on loan), my animals are my children: dogs, cats, the horse and my chickens!, I love architecture and home design and politics.

for work let's just say I go around the world tasting different cuisines.
for play, it's the man of my life, our children and the grands too of course. we travel and sight see as much as we can or just be together and laugh a lot.

I'm boring, I stary home with my kids.

For fun, I stay home some more. I do alot of knitting, cooking, crafting, hugging, book reading, coloring, gardening, fight breaking upping.

I work weekend mornings baking bagels, just to cook in a QUIET place.

I used to have a real job, but I got tired of asking my boss if it was alright if I took care of my own kids once in awhile.

I work as a forester for the United States Forest Service. In the winter it means lots of government paperwork. In the summer, I work in the great outdoors protecting our natural resources like soil, water, wildlife, etc. One of my other duties is to help with putting out forest fires by helping with getting contractors and firefighters paid. I also dispatch equipment and crews to fires from our main dispatch centers. The best thing is that at a moments notice I could have to fly anywhere in the country. I keep a bag permanently packed in the summer time.

On my days off I like to cook, read, garden, go to NASCAR races, watch baseball, hike, geocaching, and spend time with my family.

Back
Top Bottom