"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-02-2007, 04:33 PM   #81
Head Chef

cool cool. im glad i started this thread. its cool to hear what people do.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:52 AM   #82
Head Chef

Bump......

Old 10-15-2007, 11:24 AM   #83
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT72884 View Post
LOL i know, its just hard to control already. many times have i fish tailed it on accident <shifty eyes>
It's more fun driving by looking through the vent window than it could ever be looking through the windshield. ;)

Trader Scott's Tiki Bar & Lounge
phinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:32 AM   #84
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinz View Post
It's more fun driving by looking through the vent window than it could ever be looking through the windshield. ;)
LOL very true. cept i dont know how well this car can drift. its 3100 pounds of steel. My cousin painted the car. if you want to see more of his work go to http://www.killerpaint.com/gallery.html. thats his and his apprentices website.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp front.BMP (398.8 KB, 45 views)
Old 10-15-2007, 01:02 PM   #85
Assistant Cook

Send a message via MSN to CiCi Send a message via Yahoo to CiCi
I work in my family's restaurant and for fun I like to watch Star Trek, read, and play with software like Celestia.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:53 PM   #86
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT72884 View Post
LOL very true. cept i dont know how well this car can drift. its 3100 pounds of steel. My cousin painted the car. if you want to see more of his work go to http://www.killerpaint.com/gallery.html. thats his and his apprentices website.
I've admired Mike's work for years. It's too bad that so many others are ripping off his style these days, though nobody does it as well as he can.

Trader Scott's Tiki Bar & Lounge
phinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 02:13 PM   #87
Executive Chef

high school teacher (humanities) and private chef. I'm good for about 3 dinner events (or a Sunday brunch) a month during the school year, and 8 a month during vacation months.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:32 PM   #88
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinz View Post
I've admired Mike's work for years. It's too bad that so many others are ripping off his style these days, though nobody does it as well as he can.
yeah he is very good. when he came down to my cousins shop here in salt lake i had the opportunity to meet him. My cousin was his teacher. i meet him back in 1997 at the brush bash at my cousins shop. It was fun.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:33 PM   #89
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo410 View Post
high school teacher (humanities) and private chef. I'm good for about 3 dinner events (or a Sunday brunch) a month during the school year, and 8 a month during vacation months.
What class do you teach for high school. OH DUH never mind saw in the post. thats cool that your a private chef. is it for company party's or people at home
Old 10-15-2007, 04:37 PM   #90
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to muzzlet
I used to be a legal secretary for two divorce lawyers. Now THAT was a fascinating job! But also incredibly stressful. Not only is it litigation, with all the deadlines of court and judges, but you also have that incredible emotional element. Especially when there are young children involved. There was a lot of negative energy in that place. I really enjoyed the people I worked with, and am still in close contact with them.

But now thanks to my wonderful and very understanding husband, I am a kept woman. Ok, more like semi-retired. I still keep my skills up, but pray I never have to go back full time.

I really enjoy reading, movies, playing Mah Jong (NMJL rules) with friends, cooking (of course) and music. I totally agree with Katie's post about being intensely curious about everything! I love learning new things just for the sake of learning.

It's a great big beautiful world out there people! Learn as much as you can about it.