What people do for work and play

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LT72884

Head Chef
just like what the subjects states. what do you guys and gals do for a living and what you do for fun.

By weekday I am a teacher but for summers and weekends I travel around in my Airstream with friends. Oh yeah and like to cook!

thats cool. what do you teach. i was a teacher for 9 months for 6 year old kids. then i went into the computer technology area. im a network engineer right now and im working on my linux engineering stuff. my fun stuff is biking, cooking, dating, kids, school. family

I was a financial professional for many years. Now I'm retired and care for my grandson during the week.

I was a financial professional for many years. Now I'm retired and care for my grandson during the week.
cool. thats what i need is a professional financier to help me with budgets and loans and how to understand them

Application Coordinator for a cell phone company.. whooo hoo! But at least I can work from home. For play, I love foosball, outdoor activities, eating out, and a game called TextTwist.

hmm cool. im trying to get a friend of mine who works for a cell phone company to get me some of there numbers that allow me to do cool things such as free service and what not.

In my day job, I'm the Web site manager for a medical school. Outside of work, I enjoy gardening (especially veggies and herbs), cooking, biking, kayaking, and photography. I also go out to dinner to a different restaurant each week with friends, and tonight, I'm starting a class at a local arts center on using photography and a fresh eye to create art.

Cool thread idea, LT :)

In my day job, I'm the Web site manager for a medical school. Outside of work, I enjoy gardening (especially veggies and herbs), cooking, biking, kayaking, and photography. I also go out to dinner to a different restaurant each week with friends, and tonight, I'm starting a class at a local arts center on using photography and a fresh eye to create art.

Cool thread idea, LT :)

SWEET, a webbie. i took 3 semesters of web desighn in high school so i could get my CIW. but i love networking and linux more. Photoshop is the best ever. well IMHO. thanx for the compliment

LT, I teach 6/7 grade special education. And whoever said they like TextTwist I do too!

I'm a full-time student. Not working at the moment. For fun I hang out with friends watching movies, live in my online world of Final Fantasy XI, go for long drives when the weather is nice, and cook.

I’m an Electrical Engineer working for a Telecommunications company (we design and manufacture telecom equipment). On the side, I also write Game Strategy Guides for a European publishing house.

This guide is mine.

For fun, I like gaming, working with PCs and electronics, weight training, bike riding, cooking, and piddling in the yard.

WOW nice, im building a satelite dish to war drive with, but its harder than i thought it would be. i have the graph and all that good stuff. just dont know how to build it yet.. my friends is an EE and builds wireless stuff for linksys. so do you work on anything like packet switched networks or POTS

I'm a full-time student. Not working at the moment. For fun I hang out with friends watching movies, live in my online world of Final Fantasy XI, go for long drives when the weather is nice, and cook.
full time student huh, what are you majoring in. im a part time student and a full time worker. or something like that.

WOW nice, im building a satelite dish to war drive with, but its harder than i thought it would be. i have the graph and all that good stuff. just dont know how to build it yet.. my friends is an EE and builds wireless stuff for linksys. so do you work on anything like packet switched networks or POTS

POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service....seriously, that’s what it stands for!) is old school these days, but we do still sell POTS units. We do lots of packet switched devices. My group's main focus lately is the back-hauling and grooming wireless networks.

Cell towers receive and transmit the RF signal and need to get and receive data back to/from the network for routing. We back-haul all of that data with T1 (copper), T3, optical links, and giga-bit Ethernet links. When I hired in, we were doing a lot of DDS stuff, but have since moved on to T1/T3 multiplexers, cross connect devices, etc, that can serve the wireless divisions.

Back
Top Bottom