What Pet do YOU Prefer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What Pet Do you WANT?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
cloudybutnice, here are my 2 burros!!
img_317191_0_4644e17f1bcb8caaca433f434ffe6da6.jpg
They are great pets!!! Very smart.

i have a dog and a cat...and i love em both....BUT.....

we are experiencing hurricane ernesto at the moment, and it is pouring rain here...and the cat didnt ask me to take him outside even once...the dog on the other hand....

Awww Sushie...My little Dove is my love right now but I would really like to have another Yorkie..

I love all animals. But for the last 100 years I've only had dogs.
Marge

Well, not really sure a horse counts ... and I've had lots of different kinds of pets (fox, racoon, skunk, German Shepards, Chihuahuas, fish, birds ...) .

For the best pet - I would have to go with a Female Siberian Husky acquired just after weaning and raised indoors around the family - especially if you have children. Of course - they become so protective of the kids you might have a problem if you want/need to spank them ....

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.ntu.edu.sg/home5/PG04878518/album/zoo_white_tiger.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.ntu.edu.sg/home5/PG04878518/MyPicture.html&h=598&w=800&sz=61&tbnid=-9BFz2zU0HMBuM:&tbnh=107&tbnw=143&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dwhite%2Btiger&start=3&sa=X&oi=images&ct=image&cd=3

I'd love to be able to cuddle up with one of these..........as long as it was tame cause if it wasn't I'm sure it'd do more than cuddle. I think their gorgeous!

EDIT: For some reason it didn't show it by itself. Anyway click on the white tiger.

voted for dog but also love my kitties... keep asking hubby for a house hippo but he's refusing, didn't see that option up there though lol.

If they're that big... I don't know if I'd want to try to tell them where to poo... I'd be a bit afraid of offending them...

wouldn't need alot... have you seen those house hippos on the comercials, their smaller then a kitten... I can work with that... They just look soooo cute. lol

I have always been a cat fan, still am, but Napoleone implanted such a soft spot for teeny weeny hammies, thus my vote went to the hamsters.

In my fantasy, I would love to have a little pink pudgy piglet following me around, and to cuddle with... only if he never grows any bigger.

I do WANT a dog. My husband doesn't go for the indoor one, but that is the only way I would have it if we were to get one. I just know he would love the dog once he saw how lovable it would be. He's such a softie (my husband, that is), even though he would like to think otherwise. :rolleyes:

One thing I cannot abide is people who want a "pet" but it has to live "outside". They proceed to buy a dog, collar and stake it in their yard and ignore it for the rest of its life, then wonder why the neighbors complain about the noise the poor thing makes. They say they bought it for the kids, who are NEVER home. If you can't be home, buy a fish. Not a bird, birds need companionship. Then they are peeved at the neighbors. The poor animal kicks over its food and water bowls, is bored stiff (much of "bad" pet behavior is simple boredom. Hey, you can't entertain yourself for 24 hours a day, you're expecting a dog to?). Please, don't buy an "outside" dog unless you live on a huge farm where he can roam free. Dogs are domesticated and have been for centuries. They are meant to live near our fireplaces, within loving reach. I think that dogs are the ultimate creation of mankind -- over the millenium, we have taken this wild thing and turned it into something else. So don't mess with nature's creatures, and take loving care of the creature we have created.

The fiance' and I can;t seem to say no to animals.. we're big time animal lovers, of most varieties. She has 2 horses, one she's had for 8 years, one she's had for about 3 years. As for pets, we've gone from 0 to 4 in the past year... a Calico cat, a silver tabby, and most recently an orange tabby. We've also adopted a great big German Shepherd, who thinks of the cats as her babies. She's quite a ferocious looking dog, but she's probably the gentlest sweetest dog I've ever had.

Part of our problem is that she works for the local animal shelter, and we also are big participants in the foster care program there. Whenever the shelter gets too crowded we take in some extra animals for a couple of weeks, until they can be adopted out. It helps cut down on the numbers of animals euthanized. We actually might be the largest participants of the foster program... I think we took in over 50 animals over the past year.

I've had just about every pet you can think of, short of exotics. I've had all kinds of birds, including pet chickens, mice, gerbils, hamsters, horses, cows (yes, pet cows, who followed me like dogs), snakes, frogs, tropical fish, turtles, including 2 snappers, cats, dogs, sheep (one who lived in the house and used a litter box), goats, chinchillas, rabbits, and probably others that I can't remember.

Right now, I have 2 pet chickens, 2 cats, and a dog (German Shepherd). The dog is particularly bright, not to mention the first one I've managed to truly housebreak. The cats come when I call them and can do tricks.

If I were to choose just one animal to have all the time, I'd choose cats. Except for the fact that I have to keep food hidden, they don't bother anything, aren't needy (like the dog), and pretty much leave me alone when I want them to. One of mine DOES have the habit of cleaning my face while I'm sleeping, paying special attention to my eyelids and nostrils. It hurts a bit, but I try to think of it as a free peel. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom