What to do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saphellae

Head Chef
What do you do when your DH, DW, girlfriend, boyfriend, SO, etc. is gone for a few days? Nick is away for a parade and change of command in Quebec City until Friday night, I just dropped him off. I plan on watching a few movies and playing some computer games, then tomorrow once my legs are better from the 7 hours of biking we did yesterday, I'll go shopping for some clothes (Haven't done that since January!). Other than that, any ideas? It's his birthday on Monday, and Monday is my first day of work in Ontario so I won't be here. Should I have a cake ready for when he gets home?

I've never made a cake before.. sorry I am rambling, but I am just trying to get ideas for what to do! Making a cake would definately be on the bill for Friday though!

Edit.. he turns the big 3-0! lol

When my hunney bunney is out of town....

I cook!

Big surprise, huh? LOL

It is when I either make a dish I like that she doesn't, like spare ribs and kraut,
or I attempt new stuff, with a back up Take N Bake pizza in the fridge, just in
case!

Otherwise, why not make a spa-at-home day of it? Soft music, hot bath, indulgent
snacks, phone off the hook (or not), post the results of the furniture re-arrangement..
;)

Rearrange the furniture and toss one of the desks.

:ROFLMAO: I wish!!!!!! I'm moving my things to Ontario next month so I won't bother with that.. lol... plus I need one of these desks to take with me!!

I think I might just cook, great idea ( who would have ever thought?!?!?)

I'm going to make a spinach artichoke dip that I absolutely LOVE. Not sure what else I can make, any suggestions? I kind of want to make a cake for him but I think I'd be better off buying one... !

I'm looking at snack foods to make. I already have 4 steaks in the fridge that I'm going to marinate and slice up for asian stir fry.

well my hubby does not go anywhere but.. if he did... I would do a happy dance and be able to go somewhere without him saying where are you going , don't spend any money, blah , blah , blah...

The only thing I've eaten over the sink on my own is a mango. I ate it like an apple and had juice dripping everywhere on my face, neck, hands. lol

In addition to the hot artichoke and spinach dip I might just get a nice cheese and some bread.

Single guys tend to eat over the sink Saph. No need for a plate as you can just let everything fall into the sink. Easy clean up and no dishes ;)

I change in to comfy knickers, lol, take off my makeup and whack some honey/facepack on my face. I do all the annoying things that take up time ith personal care, painting toenails etcetc, so that I look better hen he comes back and I can curl arund him doing nothing ith him when he is there instead of all that stuff.

I read more than ever, I listen to the music that he's not so keen on that I like and dance in the stupid way you can when noone is watching you, and sing too loudly, I wear those comfy holey t shirts that are oh so comfy but hardly seductive and I make sure home is just the best place he could come home too.

I plan what I'm going to feed him when he's next home :)

lol, gb.

i still do that when no one's around.

before we were married and had our son, whenever dw went to visit her brother in virginia or her friend in minnesota, i pretty much spent the days at work (i always work), and the nights at my local irish pub before ending the night at the bada bing. :angel: somehow i made it into work the next day (and back to the bing that night).

Wow.. I didn't think people actually did that lol

Sounds terrific Lulu! I'm going to be doing my nails too, and taking as long in the shower as I please! hehe. Along with the other things.. cooking, eating, playing games, reading, watching my favorite movies. I'm going to watch the harry potter series.. for the 47th time? lol

Hey, get a box cake mix and some frosting. Might not be "home made from scratch",
but Nick will appreciate it.
If I can do it, so can you, LOL!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom